There are some weirdo’s out there

I’ve worked in a care home for the last four years as the maintenance person , there has been loads of staff that have left and gone on to other things, we had a guy, a carer, who, a couple of years ago his phone was found in the staff toilet, not just once, but several times by different people, turns out he’d been recording staff using the toilet for his own sexual gratification, he’d downloaded each persons name and a graphic description of what he’d seen and labelled it in the most Anglo Saxon way with each persons name, ( I’m sure you can imagine), it turns out he also had one of those pen cameras which he also recorded people on it, of course the police were called and he was arrested, this was all a while ago and we only recently found out about the seriousness of what he’d been doing, well, because the police who were handling it at the time deemed it was too serious for them it was passed over to CID, a young detective constable took over the case and, last November all those involved were interviewed, myself included, apparently I was the only man involved, he’s been on remand since mid December and today he was in the crown court to plea, he did plea guilty thankfully so we don’t have to go to court, he’ll be sentenced on feb 9, meanwhile he’s still on remand, thankfully he never recorded any of the residents, just the staff…there were 22 cases to answer, he pleaded guilty to 21, I was the only one he pleaded not guilty to as he said it wasn’t for his own gratification ( I was probably caught on camera and he couldn’t delete it as he had two of the female staff in the recording) , he was supposed to be getting married this year, and you’d think his partner would get shot of him, but they have a weird relationship too…

So where did he position the phone and didn’t anyone see him go into the ladies? Or do you have those awful unisex loos?

I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old I was in the girls loo at infant school. We had been told not to put paper towels down the toilet but nobody wanted to use the horrible tracing paper industrial toilet roll. So all the kids were using the softer paper towels. Suddenly I heard a voice from above. A boy was at the top of the cubicle looking over! He had the cheek to tell me off for using paper towels and said he was going to tell and I was young and naive enough to be worried that I would get in trouble.

Perhaps he grew up to work in your care home :grin:

It is a staff toilet to be used by anyone, it’s not something you’d expect to find in a toilet, I certainly never noticed it, although it was found by different people and the police officer showed us ( individually) the stills from the video no one could quite work out the angles, there were also people on there that the manager didn’t recognise by name and some of the photos were of different locations so it looks like he’s done it elsewhere…

1 Like