Theatre show

Watching a programme on TV about Michael Crawford and having been to see Phantom Of The Opera at its height I wondered what were the three best live theatre shows you have ever seen be they?

1 Like

Caught the last few mins of that program. Remember seeing him play Billy Liar at Covent Garden.

As for your question, I’ll get back to you.

I’ve seen a lot of Pinter in the past.He is my favourite stage writer.I like the way his characters have difficulty in actually communicating with one another.Lots of double meanings and silences :slight_smile: Impossible to pick just three.

1 Like

Michael Crawford to me was that stupid character in Some Mothers do Have 'Em which was exactly the sort of humour that leaves me cold.

It was only many years later that I saw him in something that made me realise that he was actually very talented.

Too many plays to pick one that was a favourite however I did like the musical “Hair” I took three different girlfriends to see it at the Shaftsbury Theatre in London with three different US Presidents. (I didn’t take the US Presidents). I vaguely remember the theatre started to fall apart which stopped its run.

Ditto. I couldn’t stand Some Mothers Do Have 'Em. Still can’t.

I would have to say I haven’t been to the theater in ages. Golden Gate Theater in San Francisco and a performance of Les Miserables. That was in the late 80s early 90s. :anguished:

Hamilton - at the Victoria Palace Theatre was brilliant - both the show and the theatre - which I think has to be the most magnificent theatre I’ve ever seen. The next one I’ve been wanting to see is this: Mamma Mia! the Party Official Trailer - YouTube

1 Like

I prefer going to watch live performances to the movies.One of the last I saw had Ralph Richardson in it,I can’t remember what it was, just him treading the boards like the thespian giant he was.

1 Like