The wintery blast is continuing in Perth

Apocalypse cometh!

1 Like

Bretrick survives the Apocalypse. Though looking at the rain radar there is still plenty of moderately heavy rain to pass over my home.

1 Like

The rain got heavier, more hail, more thunder, more lightning, more on the way.
So cold, it has been 10 degrees since midday, 4 hours ago.
Still the rain falls.
Yesterday was Perth’s highest recorded 24 hour June rainfall since June 22 1993, at 71mm.
3 days of rainfall this month, 1st, 5th and 6th of June has seen 105mm - 4 1/8th" dumped on the Perth metropolitan catchment.

1 Like

Perth is usually not affected by El Nino, more an Eastern Australian phenomenon. With the Pacific Ocean being a driver.

2 Likes

Cold for June here - it’s 10C. And my cousin is also says it’s 9C in Perth but that’s a bit further north.

1 Like

It is quite obviously god expressing his displeasure at Mark McGowan resigning.

1 Like

Of course that was Perth, Scotland…

1 Like

It’s always grim up north :wink:

1 Like

Not exactly the weather for you to get out your mankini then Bretrick

1 Like

My family are from the Outer Hebrides. Because of The Gulfstream the climate there is mild…

1 Like

No danger of seeing me in one of those. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi
Oh my goodness the Hebrides that takes me back …to a holiday a week at Stornoway I remember the amazing standing stones.
Also ordering a length of tweed it took ages to arrive.
Those islands are magical.

Many years ago I actually went to John’o’Groats and was surprised . Flat sandy beaches not like Lands End with tall cliffs and the Inner Hebsides looked so close.

1 Like

Yes indeed. I was Born in Aberfeldy but we had holidays most years until I was school age. Later on I went with my kids and then with my grandkids.

1 Like

Typical! UK stealing Australian place names.

You have an Ecclefechan in Oz land??

Yep, it’s in the Yorke Peninsula, near Wool Bay. Those Scots have no shame.

I think we predated it some centuries before you lot got implored as crimeless!

So you claim but then Britain also claimed that Australia was Terra Nullius and that wasn’t true either.

Absolutely pelting down right now. Soccer field might be under water real soon.
Pitch is under water now.
10 minute downpour, right on half time.
Game will not resume because of all the standing water.

Match abandoned

1 Like