The wintery blast is continuing in Perth

10am, Tuesday, temperature is 9C, - 48F, very heavy rain, with hailstones, lightning and extremely loud thunder overhead.
100mm - 4" - of rain has fallen since 6 pm Sunday.
Rain will start to ease this evening.

1 Like

Oh dear,how sad never mind.17 and sunny here :grinning:

1 Like

Enjoy the rain,it’s not going to last

1 Like

Wow, that sounds extreme. Hope you’re doing ok. :cloud_with_rain::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Apocalypse cometh!

1 Like

Bretrick survives the Apocalypse. Though looking at the rain radar there is still plenty of moderately heavy rain to pass over my home.

1 Like

The rain got heavier, more hail, more thunder, more lightning, more on the way.
So cold, it has been 10 degrees since midday, 4 hours ago.
Still the rain falls.
Yesterday was Perth’s highest recorded 24 hour June rainfall since June 22 1993, at 71mm.
3 days of rainfall this month, 1st, 5th and 6th of June has seen 105mm - 4 1/8th" dumped on the Perth metropolitan catchment.

1 Like

Perth is usually not affected by El Nino, more an Eastern Australian phenomenon. With the Pacific Ocean being a driver.

2 Likes

Cold for June here - it’s 10C. And my cousin is also says it’s 9C in Perth but that’s a bit further north.

1 Like

It is quite obviously god expressing his displeasure at Mark McGowan resigning.

1 Like

Of course that was Perth, Scotland…

1 Like

It’s always grim up north :wink:

1 Like

Not exactly the weather for you to get out your mankini then Bretrick

1 Like

My family are from the Outer Hebrides. Because of The Gulfstream the climate there is mild…

1 Like

No danger of seeing me in one of those. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi
Oh my goodness the Hebrides that takes me back …to a holiday a week at Stornoway I remember the amazing standing stones.
Also ordering a length of tweed it took ages to arrive.
Those islands are magical.

Many years ago I actually went to John’o’Groats and was surprised . Flat sandy beaches not like Lands End with tall cliffs and the Inner Hebsides looked so close.

1 Like

Yes indeed. I was Born in Aberfeldy but we had holidays most years until I was school age. Later on I went with my kids and then with my grandkids.

1 Like

Typical! UK stealing Australian place names.

You have an Ecclefechan in Oz land??