The Weather Today

Hi

One of my Carers has had to leave early as the local roads are already starting to flood.

The drains in the road are overflowing and whilst the water is not yet in the house it is in the side passageway.

An interesting evening ahead.

1 Like

Sandbags handy?

@swimfeeders , l expect you have too much street parking
in your area Swimmy ?
The local council can’t flush the drains out these days like they used too !!
Good luck!!
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

Sounds nasty Swims … about an hour ago here it went as black as a hairy armpit but it’s lightened up now and the wind has dropped considerably.

I hope you don’t get flooded.

Hi

Thanks for the replies and concerns.

I shall not be lugging sandbags around, those days are gone due to my Heart Condition.

My front door is 1.3 m below the road level, so it pours down my entry when we have very heavy rain.

It was not an issue 3 years ago when I moved in, but increased development has made it a nightmare, simply too many properties using drains not designed for that amount of load.

That is what deregulation means in real terms.

Windy and wet here. Nasty.

Dark, Drizzly, and Windy here :frowning: I have to go out for a bit and I don’t really want to.

Bitter cold and wet here. Doesn’t help having new heating and hot water installed so we have neither at the moment.

Oh well …

Our weather should pass over in about an hour or so, and I will get the dog out then. Meanwhile, she did a little wee after I got home from the lunch, about 3, and when getting my bin from the alley. We both got wet.

Very wild here just now - rain is pouring and the wild is bawling threats down the chimney! Glad I do not have to venture out anywhere.

Hi

Well the BBC got the forecast wrong, so much for the rain getting less.

It is hammering down and Weather Radar shows a lot more to come.

The noise is incredible and it is impossible to sleep.

Pah! we’ve had it for weeks

Still waiting for Spring never mind Summer.

4a.m. In South East Wales …Snowing heavily.

Think my rugby tonight is scuppered.

Looks Ok here.

1 Like

With my sister in Effingham Surrey 2inchs of soft white snow , sky still full . Its not cold either

1 Like

Rain and sun alternating rapidly.

1 Like

Today began so sunny but wee bit chilly, then from 18:00 rain began and now it’s 23:00 and it’s a downpour. Yuck!