The Voice US Season 23

The Voice US starts Monday March 6. The coaches are Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton, Chance the Rapper and Niall Horan. It’s Blake’s last season. The clips and interviews I’ve seen have been fun.

Here’s a sneak peek of a blind audition.

I do sometimes watch this. The uk one I always watch.

1 Like

Same in reverse. I can only watch the UK one on YouTube, so if I miss it while it’s happening, it’s gone.

Interesting lately that the UK one has American coaches and now the US one has an Irish coach. I’m really looking forward to watching Niall. He’s been really funny in the clips.

1 Like

Stopped watching it when the format inverted, the old (BBC?) version had in the first couple of episodes, a conveyor belt of hopefuls (maybe 25 contestants per episode) walking on stage, not a clue who they were, singing then getting booted off, never to be seen again, essentially “The Voice”.
When the other broadcaster took it over right from the start the premise changed, you only get four contestants from the first episode and you are sold their backstory before they even sing a note, sorry, not interested in that, just want to see some good (and crap) singers, when the old format is reinstated, might start watching again.

I can’t start watching the whole show until tomorrow so I’m watching clips of the blind audition on YouTube. This season could be fun. Chance the rapper convinced a trio of women to go with him instead of Blake. Blake’s pitch is that it’s his last season. Niall made Blake laugh in this clip. Chance’s pitch was that they could feature in a rap song, and he won.

Niall can spin chairs and win. Niall was somehow able to turn the other coach’s chairs around after a 4 chair turn and pitch by himself. He also got the crowd behind him. I’m wondering if his massive fan base will rival Blake’s fan base. I bet Niall’s fan base is bigger but will they vote? Ariana Grande’s fan base didn’t help her much when she was a coach. In this audition, Niall won out.

Just watched episode 1 of The Voice. There was less back story than I remember. More joking around from the coaches. There wasn’t a talent that stood out so much that it overshadowed the coaches. Generally the season opener has the best talent. This doesn’t bode well for the rest of the season. I’ll have to see how it goes.

Just watched the 2nd episode of The Voice. It was worth the watch. It’s getting competitive. Niall is learning some dirty tricks from Blake. Blake is enjoying it.

The talent was ok tonight. I still don’t have a stand-out favorite which I usually do by this time in the show.

The guest audition at the end was fun.

I totally agree with this Spitty.
It used to be about the voice, not about the ego’s of the judges. The judges were also respectful of each other and it made for a good viewing experience.
I watched the first series when it moved off the BBC, but didn’t manage to watch the end and see the winner, I think Covid interrupted it and I never went back, because it seemed to be choreographed and more like X-factor.

This is a sneak peek for next week. This kid is impressive at 15 years old. First person I’m rooting for on the show so far. It cuts off before he picks a coach. I’m hoping he goes with Niall because of the similarities of age when Niall did his audition although I don’t think Niall was as good at this age.

Just caught up watching The Voice. The Battles are better than I thought they would be. Chance and Niall are very hands on in terms of the arrangements and giving the artists advice. That makes the Battles look more professional. They also have a new thing called the play pass where they can give a pass to one person in the Battle to skip the next round, but that means the other person wins, and they get to save both artists in the Battle.

Here’s Blake’s play pass.

I’m curious to see who won this battle. Michael B sang better but Ryley has more potential. Maybe Niall will use his play pass. This is a teaser clip from over the weekend so it doesn’t show what happened.

Later: watched the show. Niall did the right thing. He had Michael win the round but saved Ryley-Tate with a play pass. That play pass is weird. The loser of the round gets the bigger prize because they get to skip the next round and move to the play offs.

Kelly used her play off pass for D.Smooth. ALI has a unique story. She’s hearing impaired but sings amazingly.

In the OP, there’s a video of this guy’s blind audition. He was a 4 chair turn and was fabulous. Blake was blocked from getting him in the Blinds, but he had said Blake was his first choice at the time. He picked Chance. He was cut by Chance in the Battles. Blake saved him. In this song, he’s singing directly to Chance, I put a spell on you. Sounds like Blake’s sense of humor, and the rendition was fabulous. Chance was enjoying the whole thing.

Still a huge fan of Ryley Tate Wilson. Niall gave him a pass for the knock out round so this is the first I’m seeing of him. This was spectacular.

More from NOIVAS. Another great performance. I’m still favoring Ryley Tate Wilson but there’s a lot more competition to go.

Season 23 is over. The best performance of the night won. I was rooting for Ryley Tate Wilson but he phoned it in on semifinals night and got eliminated that night, fairly imo.

Winner

Gina Miles won. She was least likely to win imo but she had the best performance on finals night. She deserved the win. It just wasn’t expected. . . by anyone, including her and her coach Niall.