The Voice (US reality TV)

I’m not sure this thread will work here. I’ve read that The Voice US is blocking UK IP addresses to see the clips on youtube. I’m starting it because I’m cheering for a woman Wendy Moten, who is 55 years old and would qualify to be on this forum by age.

She’s a fabulous singer. Some people are complaining that she shouldn’t qualify because she’s a pro. Even those people are saying that she’s super talented.

Here’s her knockout round. She starts at 2:17 but I really like the guy who went before her too. I’ve probably watched it a half dozen times already.

Here’s her hit song when she was young. It did really well in the UK, hitting No 8 in February 1994…

Her voice more recently

An interview from 3 years ago discussing her wanting to get her solo career started.

Thanks.I like her voice.Here she is doing an old favourite.

1 Like

My favorite, Wendy Moten, is still in the running with the top 10.

Tonight she took a big fall onstage during a live performance. She was ok but the fall looked bad.

Bit odd.I’m glad she’s ok.They said she was singing “Sugar Pie Honey Bunch"
Is that the same as the classic “I can’t help myself”? Tad confusing.

The second video, from '94, is unavailable here in London.

Just to tie this up, Wendy Moten didn’t win. She broke both her arms in that fall she took on stage. She competed for the rest of the season with two broken arms in glitter casts. She made it to the finals but didn’t win.

A trio called Girl Named Tom won the competition from what I’ve heard. I haven’t watched it yet. I’ll be watching over the holidays. I liked a Girl Named Tom but I thought Wendy Moten was better. But maybe competing with two broken arms took its toll.

Girl Named Tom finale performance

Girl Named Tom blind audition