The Undeclared War

I think of loads of stuff that nobody could have possibly done. :thinking:

You’d be surprised Harbal…
:astonished:

1 Like

I watched the first episode last night.

The production detail is commendably accurate and the acting to a high standard (Hannah Khalique-Brown especially) but plot is a necessarily simplified version of what would be the “actual” events.

Nevertheless, it was enough to persuade me to watch the second episode tonight to see “what happens next” … :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It sounds interesting - I’ll have a look for it next week, so I can start from the beginning.

Oh yes, it does sound interesting. I will have a look this evening, thanks for the heads up.

Mrs LD was recruited by a security service (she left after 3yrs, disillusioned) and she was not in any way surprised either by internal frictions and in-fighting or by the plot. She was much happier when she returned to law :+1:

1 Like

We watched the first two episodes last night and, to be honest, we thought it was rather slow.

What I’ll do later today is to see how many more episodes are yet to come. In my experience, if there are more than four episodes, and the first two are slow, the rest is likely to be slow as well, unless something exciting happens at some stage.

1 Like

We managed the first episode before giving up.

2 Likes

I’m surprised some people found it slow… like Bruce I loved the way they portrayed the code breakers cracking the code… took me a while to understand what was going on but worth persevering.

I’ve just watched the second episode and it went from bad to worse to dreadful. The episode revolved around personal relationships with verbal exchanges in measured, hushed tones and ending with a brown on black lesbian kiss.

What I thought, in episode 1, was dramatic style turns out to be just bad acting. The plot jumped the shark when the Muslim work placement operative was teamed with an American permanent operative (of unknown, but lowly, status) to follow an unverified “lead” to one of the malware agents at a cyber conference in Harrogate … finding themselves at a loose end, they bonded with beers in a bedroom … sealed with a kiss … :shark:

1 Like

Sorry, Summer, but we watched (part of) the third episode last night and, I’m sorry to say, found it rather boring and decidedly woke.
A shame, as with the concept I think it could have been scripted much better.

Oh heck… well I know I like weird stuff… the lesbian bit is really just that episode well almost… Dare not say I’m just off to watch another episode of Westworld… love that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with lesbian stuff whatever the colour of the participants.

1 Like

Keep the suggestions coming … :+1:

I don’t read TV listings so I appreciate others’ recommendations … :grinning:

1 Like

Hi

Well, Harrogate is the nearest large town to where all this data capture goes on.

Menwith Hill anyone?

The best Code Crackers are Gay, Lesbians included

The amount of prejudice they face gives them a natural advantage at operating in code and dealing with very discreet signals.

Luckily now, things are much more open and they are not as as much risk of blackmail as recently.

One of my ex staff came to see me , after her 3rd promotion, to point out that she was a lesbian.

Bless her , she was worried about it.

Thanks for telling me, I knew already and I have also managed to work out, as a simple male, who your partner is.

You have been promoted on ability, nothing else.

I know your partner is in a different work environment, where that would be a problem, but I know nothing about that., so get on and do your job, you are rather good at it.

Mess up and you will get a bollocking, same as everyone else.

I will take the flack from above, that is my job, my responsibility.

Some people are so predictable. :sleeping:

My wife and I have just watched our recording of the last episode, but that was okay for the few of us who understand/speak Russian because the English subtitles were pasted onto the track without black backings and many words were missed by my wife. I was able to explain but how did the ordinary viewer in the UK cope … not very well I surmise :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes I had to rewind a couple of times…it would have been better had it been dubbed…I’m sorry some of you disliked it

1 Like

Hardly your fault, Summer!

1 Like

Not at all, if we all liked the same there be no variety .

1 Like