The Teacher, Channel 5 At 9pm, A Four Part Serial On Each Evening, Until Thursday

Is anyone watching this new four part Thriller series on Channel 5 each evening this week? It started last night.

Sheridan Smith stars as an English teacher in a secondary school. She’s a bit of a mess emotionally and drinks a lot.
She has been accused of having sex with a 15year old pupil. She denies this.

Read the synopsis yesterday and saw yet another drama where ,
‘issues’ plays a major part and decided it was not for me.
Found Cry Wolf, a Walter Presents offering on Channel 4 instead, not my usual fair but very interesting if not worrying.

Mr Fraggle, l thought The Teacher was good so far and l am wondering whether she has been set up by her colleague that doesn’t like her?

I have watched two episodes of Cry Wolf. I didn’t think l would be able to stomach it but it’s not like l expected it to be.
I love all the Walter Presents series.

Will watch it later today Art . I like her she is such a good actress. I’ll let you know

1 Like

I’m usually very critical of Teacher/school themed dramas…
which is only natural!!!
But I also like Sheridan Smith as an actor (is the word actress defunct these days?) so I may give yesterday’s episode a look and then watch tonight’s if it’s any good.
Thanks for the heads-up people. Ch5 barely gets a look in here as a rule!

Hmmm not sure…

That “blackouts” thing feels a bit predictable already :thinking:

I haven’t enjoyed it I hate these drama where you have to work out what’s suposed to have happened .
In fact I don’t even know if it’s ended or not .

Don’t think I’ll bother with it