The Talk to Me thread

Sounds good, I’ve never heard of that before, I had to google it. I’ve learnt something new today :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

For Sundays i make a pudding, for a long time it’s been between a fruit crumble, summer pudding and a trifle. So i thought that I’d do a bread pudding, not a bread and butter pudding. It turned out too dense and hard to cut into pieces. We had some with ice cream but the rest I’m giving to the birds, wish i made a bread and butter pudding instead.

1 Like

Did it look like this?

Rew13c05-745a_Bread_Pudding

From watching youtube, they say that bread pudding in the US and UK are different. I’m wondering if what I’m picturing is what you’re describing.

1 Like

Yes that’s it. I used to make it but i would soak the stale bread in water then squeeze the water out then put all the other ingredients in. It was solid but edible.
This is the video that i watched, he’s from the UK in Yorkshire but lives in another country now.

1 Like

Yum! :yum:

1 Like

It might have turned out better if i hadn’t cooked it in the microwave to save on the cost of it in the oven.

1 Like

Tomorrow is shrove Tuesday, so going to have pancakes for dinner. We have them with lemon juice and lots of sugar.

2 Likes

Ahh that’s a shame. Obviously different ‘spoons’ must offer different menus.

2 Likes

I have won £10 on the Set For Life lottery draw.
Deciding how to spend my new found riches :grinning:

3 Likes

Mine’s a large gin and tonic…
Cheers!!!

3 Likes

:wine_glass::grinning:,.,

2 Likes

Superb!
I’ll buy the crisps.

1 Like

Congrats! :confetti_ball:

I used to play Scratchers. You scratch off the covering on a card with a coin to see if you won. Everyone says you lose with those things so I kept a spreadsheet of how much money I spent buying them and how much I won. When I stopped, I was ahead, so just fun.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t keep a spreadsheet on gambling, the truth hurts :smile:

That’s your own truth (not anyone else’s BTW) :icon_wink:

2 Likes

Well done, thing is will you spend it on more lottery tickets?

1 Like

Good question…I’ve sent it the bank account but I’m happy to invest £3 a week for the remote chance of getting £10,000 a month :grinning:

1 Like

That’s good. I used to write down the numbers that used to come up and the ones that came up more i would put them on the ticket, it does work sometimes, but couldn’t be bothered anymore.

1 Like

Only when you’re losing. It’s all good when you’re winning. :money_with_wings: :moneybag:

I actually bought more tickets with the winnings. If I went negative, I might have quit, I guess, but not something I thought much about at the time.

2 Likes

Would the stock market be considered gambling? I dabbled this last week and wondering if that’s what was keeping me up. day 1 down one hundred, day 2, down another, day 3 up 400. I think its time to exit that game.

2 Likes

Probably depends on how you play it. Day trading is probably gambling. Buy and hold strategies in diversified stocks less so. That’s where a lot of pensions are.

2 Likes