The See Monster - Weston-super-Mare

We went to see the See Monster today, we got there 9am, no queue, we walked straight in. I Really loved it, beautiful views of Weston and the waterfall and steam clouds were a fascinating experience

Nice planting, too, but it would have been nice if they’d labelled the plants for newbie gardeners like me, I’ll have to go back with an expert!

Luckily my husband wouldn’t let me go down the slide in case I spifficated myself :rofl: I say luckily because a woman got stuck, butt too big. That would be me, I can just imagine the conversation ….

“Madam, we’re going to pour down some oil to assist your exit. Obviously as this is a “Green” project it contains no palm oil. Enjoy the rest of your visit” :rofl:

It’d be even more lovely if the whole structure wasn’t a blot on the landscape. Should have been erected somewhere else, such as Coventry City Centre.

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to look as if it’s emerging from the sea, though? Not a lot of that in Coventry City Centre :rofl:

It’s only going to be there for a month anyway. There’s calls for an enquiry into the taxpayers money spent, though and the locals would rather have had their derelict lido it’s built in restored

And there’s any irony, because it’s got a green and environmental theme, yet Jacob Rees Moggs is calling for more or these platforms on the North Sea to get at the gas

Thanks for the photos.

I’m planning to go in the next few days, and hopefully take photos of the murals around the town as well.
We also plan to go and look at the lions on the Downs in Bristol this week as well.

I completely agree that the lido should have been refurbed long and merry ago, but it seems the local council is intent on ignoring the wishes of the locals and not want a major attraction again right on the sea front.

:+1: Phone before you go or check their website because it’s been closed since Sunday night because it’s too windy :frowning:

1 Like

My abiding memory of Weston Super Mare is the glorious mud at low tide, I loved it as a child. I lived in Cheltenham at the time so it was our day trip holiday place…

My mother reckoned I was very disappointed because there was no Super Mayor.

2 Likes