The Royal Pantomine continues

The royal pantomime continues.
It’s a year yesterday that our late dearly departed Queen died .
So all the royals including our new King ( who must have been wishing her gone some while back .)
Weeping and paying tribute .
Worse the peasants are crowding outside of balmoral church’s ( where our hard working king and hangers on are enjoying a three month break )
FGS
Here was a woman who was indulged in everyway sinece birth and lived that way until she was 96 year old .
And here they all are lauding her service and devotion to duty .
What a load of tosh !
She lived in a bubble protected from everything .
Now she’s gone let her rest in peace .

5 Likes

Does it really matter?

Yes it’s pathetic .

2 Likes

It’s irrelevant.

Bunch of fawning peasants don’t they know it’s 2023 ?

Who cares ?

I do it’s demeaning to see people demeaning themselves in this day and age .

1 Like

Do they really care? I suspect the vast majority don’t care a hoot.

Really? We’re supposed to make an event of the date she died now? Every year? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I am reminded of something I read some time back about the Queen Mother.

We should remember the tremendous contribution of the Queen Mother to the war effort:
As the BBC pointed out, she ‘bravely remained in London beside her husband’ during the war.
This contrasts sharply with the actions of my grandfather who, on the declaration of war immediately left his wife and children and pissed off, first to France, then North Africa, Italy, France (again) and finally Germany.
The shame will always be with us.
:scream::scream:

6 Likes

My dad was in Dunkirk when the first shot was fired……he was at home when the second one went off….

2 Likes

The Royal Pantomime has just given £700,000 to local youth clubs, sports and arts centres here in Hammersmith. Thank you.

4 Likes

Yep feel the same . Got no time for any of them .

3 Likes

I expect it will become a personal anniversary for the locals in the village there. If they want to remember their Royal neighbour who are we to grumble, their choice.

4 Likes

I’d like to see the monarchy abolished.
It’s an unhealthy lifestyle that leads to flawed and damaged individuals.
Also when there’s so poverty and suffering is it right to have such over privileged monarchy. I find it obscene.
I don’t watch or read about C&C or the hangers as it makes me angry.

4 Likes

Actually the Royal Family provides a lot of wealth to the UK. FWIW.

I agree
The Royal family cost every man woman and child in the country £5.50 a year in expenses , set that against income earned by the monarchy £8.50 per head of population.
However, could the countries wealth improve without a monarchy?
For instances the UK is way down the list when it comes to tourists visits even though tourists visit the UK because of the monarchy. The history the palaces would still be there to view without a royal family.

1. France 90.0 million
  2. Spain 83.7 million
  3. United States 79.3 million
  4. China 65.7 million
  5. Italy 64.5 million
  6. Turkey 51.2 million
  7. Mexico 45.0 million
  8. Thailand 39.8 million
  9. Germany 39.6 million
  10. United Kingdom 39.4 million

I just think it’s wrong this family lauding over their so called subjects aghhhh

1 Like

The biggest myth that ever was.

1 Like

Perhaps “wealth” is not the correct word. I would say “value”. They add value to the brand that is Britain. That value is worth a great deal Muddy. Whatever you think of them, they do add value. Even the controversies add value because people want to come from around the world to visit the places this soap opera takes place. They are also a big employer. The Duke of Edinburgh award gives focus and opportunities to so many young people. I have a graduate placement who impressed us all in his interview when he told us about his experience. They also support many charities with their patronage and lavishly host diplomats, heads of state etc.

3 Likes

Mmm, I am a tad wary about this new 73 year old King, a man in such a powerful position who sought advice from Jimmy Saville for many years does not fill my soul with joy and happiness.

2 Likes