The RMT Rail Strike

The misery of the poorly paid working classes just made a lot worse by railways workers on up to 70 - 80K a year refusing to work because they want more money.

Mick Lynch, the head of the RMT gets £124K a year.

The RMT are preventing millions of low paid workers earning a living.

2 Likes

The RMT also supports the cleaners, the litter pickers and other people who get paid minimum wages. Not everyone who is part of the RMT is on massive wages.

2 Likes

The RMT aren’t doing this for cleaners and litter pickers.

Yes they are.

1 Like

In what way ? The litter pickers and the cleaners are the ones being hit hardest by the strike.

They aren’t asking for 11% pay risers for the lowest paid they are asking it for everyone. If this was about the cleaners etc they would be asking for pay rises just for them.

1 Like

Strange that Thatcher raised taxes, then trashed the unions in the 80s

Boris Johnson raised taxes and now the strikes start…

I don’t believe the majority of RMT Union workers are on £70-80k pa but I don’t support them going on strike.

Rail Workers Salary Fact Check:

Airline pilots will be striking next, they will now earn LESS than train
drivers if the strike succeeds !!!
A senior pilot with experience earns about £59,000 pa !!!
A Captain with experience earns about £120,000 pa,!but he is the one that
is responsible for the aircraft and it’s safety !!!
Summat wrong somewhere imo ??
I do have sympathy with the unions but they should be focusing on the
lower end of the spectrum !
I would like to know how the train drivers pensions look when compared to
the civil service too ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Its all jobs for the boys in the railways. It always has been - it used to be a closed shop (pretty much) and although its now been banned it still goes on.

Good point DM

Mick Lynch earns as much as a GP and you can bet thats only what’s on the books. If the low paid workers want extra money, stop paying the fat cat union bosses subscriptions. If the unions cared so much about them they would waive the union fees for the lowest paid.

A train driver has the exact same level of responsibility except it’s on the ground. Same knowledge and experience required, the same level of responsibility for hundreds of lives etc.

Nepotism at its finest. It’s the kind of job you go for, to find its already been filled by the manager’s daughters boyfriend straight off the street.

1 Like

Trains are automated - a pilot has far more responsibility just look at how much training an airline pilot needs compared to a train driver.

I’m sorry but train drivers have extensive training and all sorts of responsibility laid on them. I don’t know about airline pilots but I do know train drivers.

Pilots pay out at least 30K in training out of their own money before an airline will even look at them as an employee.

1 Like

Ok, well the railway don’t expect them to do that. They fund all of their training.

1 Like

As they should. IMO. :eyes:

@Boot Thanks for the link Boot !
Seems to be a well balanced view of the situation to me ??
Judging from that l would say that rail workers are not hard done by when
compared to other sectors ?
However l agree with Lynnch when he says that the working class has
suffered downward pressure on their wares over the last three decades
through getting lower than inflation rses awarded !!
Maybe because the rail workers are still represented by a ’ proper’ trade
union they have suffered less than others whose unions were ‘transformed’
under Thatcher !!
To sum up, l agree with the strike, but not the way the union is applying
a carte blanche approach ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Lots of people can’t get to the doctors or to hospital appointments today.

@Bread , " jobs for the boys"
Summat like the civil service then Bread ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1: