The Queen ,the end of an era

I agree, I just hope you bury the Queen of Australia with the Pomp and Ceremony she has grown accustomed to expect from you. Don’t spare the expense, it will be on tele here so don’t think you can get away with skimping, we will be watching.

1 Like

I read somewhere can’t remember where) that Prince Charles is making daily visits to the Queen. I don’t know if that is indicative of anything.

Ahh, just found it, from the Daily Mail, guaranteed to raise the hackles of some…

In the tradition of British monarchy he is probably waiting for just the right moment to put a pillow over her face.

1 Like

Most probably tying up loose ends, do you think? Making sure he knows what to do when it’s his turn.

1 Like

I think it depends on who’s version you listen to.
Some versions reckon that when Camilla was seeing Charles, she was still in love with Andrew Parker Bowles, with whom she’d been having an on-off relationship for 6 or 7 years, in between him chasing after other women.
Despite his philandering, she seems to have been besotted by him and wanted to marry him.
It has been suggested in a biography of Camilla, written by Penny Junior, and approved by Camilla, that she was having a fling with Charles to try to make PB jealous because he was having a fling with Princess Anne at the time.

Whatever the truth of it, Camilla was happy to get engaged to Parker Bowles not long after Charles went away on duty, so there’s no guarantee she would have accepted a proposal from Charles back then, while she was still madly in love with Andrew Parker Bowles, even if Charles had proposed.

Prince Andrew is staying at Balmoral at present - maybe Charles is wanting to make sure Andrew is not persuading Mummy into agreeing to give him all her dosh or return him to a public Royal Role he can cash in on again!

1 Like

A soothsayer has stated that she will die on the 22 of Oct 2022

A what ? :joy::joy:

Oh,charming! Just the kind of news a person wants to hear!
Not a very soothing soothsayer, eh?!

1 Like

a person supposed to be able to foresee the future.

Well if he doesn’t by now he never will .
But he is inheriting a different throne not the cosy security and tradition that the Queen inherited.
The age of unearned deference is past .

Charles is as good as any they are all an anachronism.
William who will see the monarchy out is hardly the role model of a cohesive society .
He’s just sending his children to a school that costs more than some people annual income .
A pleasant enough man he is representative of a small elite group of very rich people not British society as a whole .

1 Like

Ahh, a bit like pine ones and the weather

1 Like

Be careful what you say! Aren’t monarchs chosen by a god? :grinning:

That’s what Charles 1 thought and look what happened to him .:slight_smile:

2 Likes

“The Lord gave and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21).

I suspect that our Charles the third also thinks that the divine right of kings applies to him.:grinning:

deleted - no longer required.

1 Like

You are right , thanks, I edited my post

1 Like

When Liz goes it’ll be a perfect time for them all to disappear .