The Queen has died

The presenters of the BBC always have a black tie and black clothing just in case.

2 Likes

Didnt realise I would feel so deeply when she went, RIP Queen Elizabeth the best queen we could have ever hoped for. Some big shoes Charles now has to fill.
As for twitter Im not going back until the horrors have stopped celebrating. Interesting its leftists not republicans doing the worst of it.

1 Like

When she was shaking hands with Liz Truss there was a bruise on the queen’s hand as if she had a needle or something there before. Can’t see the picture now but it was on the BBC news app.

There’s been speculation that she’d had a cannula removed for her audiences with the outgoing and incoming PMs. This sounds quite possible, knowing her determination always to do the right thing, to continue her service until the bitter end.

3 Likes

Awesome poem Annie, had Mrs Fox and me in bits. Permission to print it off
?
:cry:

2 Likes

Makes me feel sad even when nobody’s died Gummy

Brilliant song though

1 Like

I turned over to channel 5 news logan, the beeb was a bit too morbid for me.

1 Like

Even Putin has shown his respects:

Vladimir Putin has written to King Charles III paying tribute to Elizabeth II and offering “sincere sympathy” to Britain after her death.

Despite the tensions over the war in Ukraine, the Russian president reached out to monarch in telegram on Thursday.

He wrote: "The most important events in the recent history of the United Kingdom are inextricably linked with the name of Her Majesty. For many decades, Elizabeth II rightfully enjoyed the love and respect of her subjects, as well as authority on the world stage.

“I wish you courage and perseverance in the face of this heavy, irreparable loss. I ask you to convey the words of sincere sympathy and support to the members of the royal family and all the people of Great Britain.”

And I think it’s good that the railway strike has been postponed and the royal mail one today.

3 Likes

Did Putin really say that about the strikes Wendeey?
:astonished:

2 Likes

lol no, the italics are from the article the normal type are my own words.

2 Likes

We’ve had, Georgian eras , Elizabethan , Edwardian, Tudor , Plantagenets , Victorian, what were the Charles eras , how about Charlene era for diversity ?

1 Like

All I know about Charles I was that at the end of his reign he was considerably shorter than he was at the beginning.

The Royal Family is very keen on tradition. Perhaps Charles III will carry on this tradition?

3 Likes

HI glad you liked it. it’s not my poem and I couldn’t find an author so it’s fine to share as it’s available on social media - a friend posted it on FB

2 Likes

As I mentioned further up this thread, Charles I reign was known as the Caroline Era, and Charles II was the Carolean Era. Not sure what other adjectives can be made from Carolus, the Latin for Charles. Perhaps the Caroleous Era? But I think your Charlene era is much the better suggestion :joy:

1 Like

Given his green credentials, how about CarolEVian

2 Likes

He could grant the company a Royal Warrant :crown: :blush:

1 Like

Sharing the grief with the UK people who are saddened by the passing of Queen Elisabeth. My heartfelt wishes to you all.

She was and will be remembered all over the world as an amazing inspiring lady highly respected and loved by all.

She will also no doubt be remembered not only in people hearts but also in the history books of generations to come all over the world.

Rest in Peace your majesty.

8 Likes

Good address to the nation by the new King just now .

7 Likes

I thought so to .

3 Likes

Couple of teary moments, but irrespective of how long ago it might have been written, it was obviously said with feeling.

4 Likes