The Queen has died

Exactly. I’m trying to be tolerant, respectful and keep it zipped but they are really getting on my nerves now, I’ve reached the counting to ten stage :rage:

I think there’s a lot of mass hysteria, attention seeking and straight up sycophancy now. What the hell happened to grief being a private thing?

And the celebs and the great and good are just as bad

And what gets me is, if everyone who is claiming to have had a close relationship and private special moments with the Queen is telling the truth, the poor woman wouldn’t have had time to walk the corgis :woman_shrugging:

I don’t see why a protester would look more suspicious than anyone else, though?

Did the guy with his blank piece of paper really look ‘suspicious’?

If you are retired everyday is a public holiday.

What is it that the plebs think the Queen has done for them? I’m bemused.

1 Like

Close ups of Charles face as he struggles with grief, is frankly, appalling. On other news sites (non-uk ones) they are concentrating on the important things happening in the world.

An opportunity to join in the national grief fest ?

look at those three at 0:37 (African dignitaries?). And just before that, down the other side, you’ll see dozens of grey suits. These are the first of the mourners, but were they in the queue?

They thought it was Mardi Gras
Or maybe that’s what they wear to funerals in New Orleans

TV broadcasts shouldn’t be CCTV - they could show people from behind but they prefer this voyeuristic approach. Also children being filmed without permission.

Having watched a bit of the video, I feel so sorry for the poor guards standing so still and silent like they aren’t even real. I wonder what they think as they stand there with their heads bowed. Do they just stare into space and shut down a bit for hours on end?

Probably wishing they had not had baked beans for breakfast…

2 Likes

The famous and beautiful mountain in Switzerland, the Matterhorn, was illuminated with the Union Jack, in honour of Queen Elizabeth II.

The British Falkland Islands & British Military

4 Likes

That is such a lovely gesture.

1 Like
1 Like

A digital portrait of a corgi lying on a red and gold velvet cushion with sad eyes looking upwards, above the Corgi reads “Missing you always, sleep tight Lilibet”
SwoopsyCopyright: Swoopsy
Stephanie Galloway is a digital artist whose tribute to the Queen has touched the hearts of people on social media

This is my tribute to the Queen, one of her beloved corgis. I am a pet portrait artist and I love the Queen and King Charles; I feel so sorry for him I just want to give him a hug. When you lose someone, you feel numb, and I have felt numb after her passing. I wanted to create something that would symbolise her and how sad we all are at the passing of her Majesty.

Stephanie Galloway from Bognor Regis

Sorry I thought the picture was sickly sentimental and the little girl thing was a bit OTT too .
Still would t do for us all to be the same ……

I’m watching these mourners who have queued up for hours in the cold walk past the Queen at 11.15pm on a Sunday and wondering, how are those behind them going to get home tonight? I hope the trains and buses will be running. Or will they end up having to sleep rough? It carries on until 6.30am. Some LBC callers were saying it was like a pilgrimage for them.

Watching this moment in history

1 Like

Oh gawd, so am I, my visitors wanted to watch it, It is quite amusing because they are chatting away throughout in Mandarin then suddenly ask me a question (in English) and I have to look at the screen to tell who or what it is.

Thank goodness they interrupted it to show the evening news which I turned on the TV to watch but I wasn’t quick enough turning it off when they returned to the BBC broadcast so I have been stuck with it since then.

BTW they have just had the minutes silence with full Mandarin commentary.