The neighbours in our street

We have excellent neighbours. We were walking back home with the dog and we stopped for a chat as we do. Max meets and greets with his big waggy tail. One of the guys made a nice comment about Max. “He has such a lovely temperament - some people could take lessons from that.”

4 Likes

I would hate to see the reaction of my neighbours if I was to talk to them whilst wagging my tail.

We have good neighbours, we all chat to each other when we are about, and I know every dog and cat in the street.

1 Like

Very droll…

Nice to have neighbors who can still stop and chat, most of mu neighbours are on their 30/40s and always in a hurry

[quote=“Vlad, post:5, topic:93847, full:true”]
Nice to have neighbors who can still stop and chat, most of mu neighbours are on their 30/40s and always in a hurry[/quote]

I suppose I was guilty of that. We worked until I retired. For me it was a 50 mile round trip each way and often much more that when I travelled a lot both here and overseas.

My nearest human neighbours are a good 25 minutes walk away. But I live in what is still known to a few older locals as Badgers Hollow. So maybe I should get a Dachshund to go & say hello to my neighbours?

For those who do not know. Dachshund is German for Badger dog/hound. As they were bred to hunt Badgers.

Quite appropriate !

@Lyn1 l fort dachshund was german. fer sausage roll !!
Although most of me nieghbours are ok, l think you are so lucky to be a bit
out of the way Lyn ?? :+1::grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

On the other hand I do have a couple of old and bold neighbours who insist on starting every conversation with, ‘ gardening are we?’ When seeing me on my knees weeding or planting in the front garden,…I am so tempted to say something witty, but I bite my tongue :grinning:

1 Like

We have a mix of neighbours. On one side is a youngish couple who keep themselves to themselves, on the other side is a widow who brings up plates of gorgeous Indian food every so often. Across the road is a chap who likes to borrow my tools now and again, the last time he got me out of my (covid) sickbed so I could help him.return my ladders (he’s only had them go about 6 months, and clearly waiting another few days until I was better was off the cards), and then borrow some garden tools so the “gardener” he’d hired to trim his hedge could carry out the task.

1 Like

This afternoon, I had a long chat with my neighbour in the garden - she is a lovely lady - she had called round to bring me some of her surplus tomatoes which have just ripened - they are a really tiny, sweet variety which she knows I love.

While we were sitting in my garden chatting, her cat appeared, rubbing around our legs and looking for a stroke, then it jumped up on one of my garden chairs, had a wash and curled up to sleep. Her cat is called Chancer because when it first turned up in her garden, it took every Chance it could to wheedle some food from her - before long, she had adopted it and opened up her heart and home to it.

As soon as my neighbour got up to leave, the cat was awake instantly - it jumped down and followed her up the garden path like a little shadow.
That cat knows how lovely my neighbour is. :smiley_cat:

My immediate neighbour is a complete PITA .the entire street wishes he would go away .

I had to :joy::rofl::sweat_smile: at that Dex…I had a lovely neighbour, she bought all the meat for my home made pies, I did all the cooking and used my electricity!..:joy::sweat_smile:…then she did most of the eating!.:joy:

Don’t we just love our neighbours,:heartpulse:

I feel that about the couple next to me. Right now they are out the front with the F cackling from time to time.

As some of you may remember I had neighbours from hell for 3 years , a squaddie his wife and most weekends his squaddie mates and his wife’s disrespectful friends , believe me life was truly dreadful , anti social behavior at its worst . After 3 years they moved out and in moved her mother father daughter brother and boyfriend into a tiny 2 bed terraced . The only credit I can give them was the nights were quiet and parties less . They moved out after 2 years and the house has been empty for 5 months .

3 weeks ago the original owner moved back in with her new boyfriend ( not a squaddie) and so far it’s been quiet , she is 7 months pregnant . I was dreading her coming back and considered moving and selling before she did , but so far all is well .

Where ever you live be it a detached house on a private estate or terraced like mine neighbours can make a big difference to how your life is . Shouting screaming and yelling can be heard from a distance or just over the fence

We have nice neighbours but I’ve never been in there houses or gardens, but talk outside if we’re passing when we’re walking the boys/dogs.

Interestingly we had two in our house regularly in our house in the twelve years. Since moved three years ago there are eight.

1 Like