The name you gave a car that kept breaking down

I have one or two shockers. My first was a Austin Mini. Leaked oil all the time. Best thing was it never needed an oil change. Just a can of oil permanently in the boot. A plastic cup top up once a week needed. We called her ‘slippery Sam’. Second was a Austin Metro. Tailgate used to pop open if we went over a pot hole or road hump. So we had to keep it permanently shut with a bent coat hanger. We called her ‘the dog’. Thinking ahead, we are due to buy a Kia i10 in the next month or so. We have already decided to call her ‘Kia Starma’ if we get any problems.

1 Like

A Kia i10 or do you mean a Kia Picanto. The i10 is from the Hyundai stable.
Both are basically the same engineering wise as they both use the same 3 pot engine based on the tried and tested Suzuki design.

well that almost killed that thread heh? - I called my first car Suzy cos it broke down as often as my first missus - Suzy - they would both weep for ages?

1 Like

I’ve driven more than 500,000 km without a breakdown. I wouldn’t think about a name for such a car but how I can get rid of it fast.

1 Like

I’m convinced the more modern cars are far more reliable that the old types. With gas engines the old style ignition systems were prone to problems and the older diesel indirect injection systems with swirl chambers were more bother than VW’s Pumpe Duse or the HP Common Rail direct injection types.

1 Like