The Most Advanced Machine

And God created the world in 6 days!

Interestingly, I’m surprised that no-one has asked who created the first amoeba?!
I’m no expert, but I’d have thought that with the necessary combination of water, air and various chemicals present in the earth, a simple microorganism could be created from what was available.

Such cells can combine, and an ongoing combination of simple cells will develop more complex organisms.

@JBR And God created the world in 6 days!

No wonder Sunday is a day of rest he must have been knackered.
According to science after about 700 million years the earth started to cool and molecules could have formed under the then hydrogen layer.

1 Like

JBR, you have all the credentials to be a Scientist. :smiley:

No one believes all living things originated from an amoeba. All living things would have developed from some form of single cell life but not necessarily an amoeba. There is evidence of life forms about 4 billion years ago plenty of time for evolution to work its magic, the proof is in the pudding.

Dinosaurs weren’t wiped out 65 million years ago they still walk among us in the form of birds, there were already small mammals living when the large dinosaurs roamed, the disappearance of the large dinosaurs allowed the mammals to prosper and evolve into the diverse species they are today.

Who knows what is what, and who is who, folks are still quoting millions of years after being here less than one hundred, that is mind boggling. :smiley:

Yes of course. I used the word ‘amoeba’ loosely to describe an example of a single-celled organism. Similarly, one of the first single-celled organisms may have been a germ (though not a virus)!

You are all probably right.
I bow to your superior knowledge…
:yawning_face:

I used to say that to my Violin Teacher Foxy :icon_wink:

1 Like

When I first saw this on twitter I thought what a brilliant statement “The Most Advanced Machine on Earth” and it’s something that I’ve believed all of my life. I almost deleted the second statement because it makes it sort of religious, and I’m not a particularly religious person.
I like to sometimes cast off the shackles of convention and consider ‘What if?’ but some people take me literally and call me a conspiracy theorist and quote facts, figures and graphs, the world is black and white to them (it’s also round before they say it :sunglasses:)

Anyway, I left the statement in because you have to admit. All this Ark business could have been a story about how we originally came to this planet, bringing all the life forms with us. The timeline is a long way out, but you have to imagine how the people of the day would have interpreted space travel and visitors from other worlds who were their predecessors. There are many references in the bible that could describe where we came from and how we settled here and colonised the earth.

Well put OGF. The truth is we simply do not know the whole truth. I think I’ll discount the religious aspect though . We could have arrived here albeit in another form and then evolved to where we are now but it’s a bit of a long shot, and if that was the case it would ruin the Darwin theory which I prefer. As you say the timeline is very long and I suspect it will be sometime before those who strive to find the answers will be shouting ‘Eureka’

@Tezza , Actually Tezza, evolution need not necessarily have to take
millions of years to evolve something, you just have to look at the
modern dogs and all the types that we have “evolved” over the last
1000 years or so, and present day whales still have the vestiges of
leg bones buried in their bodies from when they walked on the land !!
Humans are still evolving as demonstrated by our little toes and little
fingers too which are in the process of disappearing !
And of course there is appendix gland which we no longer need as we now
cook our food !
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

@OldGreyFox , Well it made a very interesting thread imo OGF!
BTW, I don’t think you are a conspiracy theorist !
You are just inquisitive, like myself !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

Yes, I have read about suggestions that we are descended from aliens. They are quite interesting and even believable, and have been included in many science fiction films and TV programmes.

An alternative has been the possibility of alien visitors beginning the development of apes into humans.
All very interesting. No doubt something assisted the change from ape to human.

God, though? Unless you see the aliens as gods, of course. Mind you, I am areligious.

Evolution doesn’t attempt to explain the origin of life, that is a whole different science, it merely explains the diversity of life.

Who didn’t read Chariots of the Gods in the 60’s?
Good book if you like fiction.

Only with man’s interference can we produce different varieties of dogs, or indeed different strains of other animals through breeding Donkeyman, not really evolution though. Unless we had the knowledge to do that in the past.

Thanks Donkeyman :+1: I think we are all aware of Darwin and Dawkins theories and they are probably right, but we can challenge them. After all, their theories would have been hard for people to accept in the day, and to arrive at the conclusions they did, they had to start somewhere…

1 Like

@OldGreyFox , Yeah, l know it’s not really evolution to breed dogs etc OG,
I just used that illustrate that evolution doesn’t always need billions of
years to operate, it can speed up or slow down depending on the prevailing
circumstances at that time ?
It also depends on the gestation time of the creature in question too!,
For instance , one insect can produce thousands of offspring every year all
of which can be slightly different to their parent/ parents !
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

Interbreeding is surely a form of evolution, isn’t it?
It may not always produce the best outcome, but it certainly produces change.