The Max tail rev 67 or what

Gosh Besoeker, that is very heavy for a Beddie, even a male. He shouldn’t really be any more than 10 kg max. Has the vet not advised the lady?

I realise the boys might be slightly bigger and heavier, but 15k . . . ? Blimey.

The heaviest one I’ve ever had was 9.8, and my heaviest one at the mo, is 8.6, and she’s not skinny by a long chalk.

1 Like

Yes, it surprised me too. Max is a big dog I know but very much taller that Ozzie. Max is 35kg. Work the weights out.

It’s sad though, Besoeker. Overweight in animals will lead to their health deteriorating just the same as it does in us. Ozzie is almost double the weight of mine.
It’s not the dog’s fault, but they are the one’s who will suffer, and it is so easily preventable.
I am really surprised the vet has not advised.

Still, nowt to do with me. I will shurrup.

Yes, I agree. The lady has serious problems with her legs and can’t get around, not even to her back garden. And she has fallen quite a few times. Anyway we have another visit for tests for Ozzie. We shall see.

That must be awful for her, poor woman.
However, what has that to do with what the the amount of food Ozzie has?

Anyway, I hope the helps him with diet, and that it’s not diabetes after all.
Good luck.

Thank you kindly. The food Ozzie gets is more than is heathy. For example he gets a full Sunday roast. I know her daughter chides her mother for the diet. The visit to the vet is next week. Let’s hope for good results.

I suppose many of you here know that I’m an electrical engineer. I also joined an electrical forum. It’s generally a serious subject. The topic was about max power so…

I thought mods would decline it but so for there have beet six likes. Maybe they are not such a stuffy lot!!

1 Like

The Max another tail

Max the Silence

Hello Max my old friend
I will walk with you again
We will stroll along that lane
Where the ancient Romans went again

Where Ozzie and you took the trail
Both up and down the dale
We’ll meet with Toby and with Dexter
With Mario and his mum

Back we wander home again
We’ve liked the people that we met
You’ll wait for me at the gate
And your little treat there awaits

4 Likes

That is a lovely tribute to a lovely dog, Besoeker. Thank you for sharing.

I just thought it might amuse…

1 Like

Sometimes I do black and white…

3 Likes

I very much appreciate that and Pixie. Yes, I know am biased but even objectively we have a dog that has such a beautiful nature. We have had a few visitors in the last few days including Gracie with the little dog. They just get along. I wondered whether Max might have been an issue as it was the first time the wee dog had come into our house.

1 Like

My dear and wife walked for a longer walk than usual before it got too warm. Max did his usual investigating. A while later my wife got a bet cornered - where is Max? He was probably 50 metres behind us investigating or scavenging somebodies crusts. Don’t worry I said to my wife -here he is. He just knows. we are here.

1 Like

A sad Max…

2 Likes

Aww why? he looks a bit worried…

He does. I agree.

1 Like

I don’t remember what it was but his ears were laid back. I was trying to get a good clear image of him and I think it worked.

1 Like

Oh its a beautiful shot, Besoeker…he has very expressive eyes! :+1:

It is a fabulous photo - but he does just look as though he’s seen the latest rise in dog food prices!

2 Likes

I mentioned that we had a pleasant stroll with my neighbour and his lovely Lhapsos and Max. He, the neighbour, had to give them a wee verbal nudge now and again. Max just gives us a look ,and knows where we are going. We are very lucky. Some rescues don’t fare as well.