The Jewish Book of Why

This is one of the main problems with some religions for a questioning mind. I was the same and haven’t changed as I’ve aged :wink:

1 Like

Between the religious hierarchy and the politicians, ALL wars are started!

1 Like

There is a second book :point_down:

1 Like

When my full time education came to an end, I made myself the promise that I would study something new every year - and I have kept that promise. Sometimes the subjects have been academic, sometimes arty/crafty, sometimes practical skills - I just love to learn - I love the hoops the brain jumps through to aquire knowledge.

4 Likes

I feel a visit to Amazon coming on! Thank you!

Edit: Found it - it arrives next week!

Or e-bay. Quite often some very good 2nd hand books can be found at well below the new price. This action not only saves you money buy also the trees :ok_hand:
Here is one for £3.99 delivered :point_down:
The Second Jewish Book of Why by Kolatch, Alfred J. Hardback Book The Cheap Fast 9780824603052 | eBay

1 Like

when you get around to reading the Kama Sutra book :roll_eyes: :mask:

1 Like

Been there - done that - nuff said! :innocent: :innocent: :shamrock: :shamrock:

1 Like

That’s okay 'til you reach the keep-one-foot-on-the-floor section … not good for an iffy back :wink:

1 Like

I thought that was how one aquired an iffy back!!! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :shamrock:

1 Like

Isn’t that more for snooker LongDriver, although they are both games using balls…
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

And holes. Or pockets, as they call them.

1 Like

Another of my threads moved without the courtesy of telling me why!
I won’t bother to start any more - maybe I’ll just sit and write “The First Book of Forum Why” !!

1 Like

An excellent read. My understanding has always been that the delivery and Law itself has been a heavily debated topic. Having read this article, I understand why. You and your wife’s approach was very similar to my parents’. We were introduced to the Jewish faith, Islam, Catholicism, Buddhism and a few others so we could make informed choices in carving out our own paths. I appreciated that approach and am sure your children do too.

2 Likes

ST, this a a really interesting subject. I haven’t read the book, but see that introducing the customs might encourage people to dive a little deeper. A very good share. Thank you!

2 Likes

Just some TL3 geezer justifying their title Tabby…
:sunglasses:
Chiefs and indians springs to mind…
Try and remember to pick up your feet when they come round with the hoover Tabby…
:broom: :lotion_bottle: :sponge:

1 Like

Book Two arrived today - it delves a little deeper into Jewish Law. Just had a quick dip into it so far - am busy making an 80th Birthday card - but am looking forward to exploring it later.

2 Likes

Mazel tov :+1: Just remember, az me ken nit vi me vil, muz men vellen vi me ken. If you can’t do what you like, you must like what you can do :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Wise words - thank you - todah rabah

3 Likes

It’s not Religion that is the cause of the wars, it is a person or group who try to hide their quest for power, money and fame in the name of Religion.
I have other names for the person or group but they are not suitable to write on the forum.

1 Like