The Humanitarian Crisis In Gaza đŸ‡”đŸ‡ž

“This business of destroying Hamas, making Hamas disappear — it’s simply throwing sand in the eyes of the public,” Mr Hagari told Israel’s Channel 13 TV.

“Hamas is an idea, Hamas is a party. It’s rooted in the hearts of the people — whoever thinks we can eliminate Hamas is wrong.”

Most of us having been saying that from the start.
But it’s taken so many deaths for someone in Israel to recognize it.
Not that it will make any difference with Netanyahu in charge.

1 Like

Earlier reports put the estimated death toll at 42.

Israeli media reported that the air strikes may have been targeting a senior Hamas official.

That’s alright then.

1 Like

The Australian Senate voted down a motion put forward by the Greens to recognise the statehood of Palestine. 23 out of the 26 Labor Senators voted against. Only 1 of them voted in favour.

Had 20 of those 23 voted in favour, the motion would’ve passed.

Shameful

1 Like

Warning contains graphic content/not suitable for children:

1 Like

It was so close.

1 Like

The Israeli military says it’s looking into the incident.
It’s a big hole,so quite appropriate from the IDF for once.

1 Like

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(24)01169-3/fulltext

By June 19, 2024, 37 396 people had been killed in the Gaza Strip since the attack by Hamas and the Israeli invasion in October, 2023, according to the Gaza Health Ministry, as reported by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs.

The Ministry’s figures have been contested by the Israeli authorities, although they have been accepted as accurate by Israeli intelligence service

the UN, and WHO.

Furthermore, the UN estimates that, by Feb 29, 2024, 35% of buildings in the Gaza Strip had been destroyed,

so the number of bodies still buried in the rubble is likely substantial, with estimates of more than 10 000

1 Like

The Jewish settler colonial project is protean. It changes its shape but not its essence. Its tactics vary. Its intensity comes in waves of severe repression and less repression.

Its rhetoric about peace masks its intent. It grinds forward with its deadly, perverted, racist logic. And yet, the Palestinians endure, refusing to submit, resisting despite the overwhelming odds, grasping at tiny kernels of hope from bottomless wells of despair. There is a word for this. Heroic

1 Like

A poll by Roy Morgan published last November found marked differences between generations when it came to attitudes to the war in Gaza.

People aged 18 to 30 were more likely to believe the Australian government favours Israel, and more likely to want greater action by Australia to support Palestinians.

It’s tragic that the world is run by indoctrinated old people.

1 Like

More slaughter

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Very well said :038:

Watching Lammy cosying up to Netanyahu and Hotovely makes me ashamed to be British, too many British politicians are in Israel’s pocket.

2 Likes

What has really annoyed me is that all the world leaders being sympathetic to the awful Trump saying there shouldn’t be violence in politics but most of them not saying a word about the politically inspired violence in Gaza.

2 Likes

I guess the world will see what will happen next year, about the situation in Gaza. Look at what the leaders of the countries have accomplished. Really kind of pitiful accomplishments.

1 Like

By an American doctor who volunteered in Gaza.

We started seeing a series of children, preteens mostly, who’d been shot in the head. They’d go on to slowly die, only to be replaced by new victims who’d also been shot in the head, and who would also go on to slowly die. Their families told us one of two stories: the children were playing inside when they were shot by Israeli forces, or they were playing in the street when they were shot by Israeli forces.

1 Like

Palestinian land for sale in Canada.

1 Like

Rep Mark Pocan:

I will not be attending Netanyahu’s speech to Congress. I only regret that an arrest warrant for his war crimes has not yet been issued by the ICC, as I would have gladly served it to him on the House floor. Unfortunately, Netanyahu doesn’t stand for peace in the Middle East.

https://x.com/RepMarkPocan/status/1816156280630763871

1 Like

What a pair of evil old men.
Responsible for the suffering and deaths of thousands.

1 Like