The Horror Film Thread

Wrong Turn was SO bad, I stopped watching and picked up my book.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like them much as a genre I don’t find horror films very horrific because I know it is just make believe. I find the suspension of disbelief impossible don’t know why that is because I don’t have the same problem with other dramatic films.

I think horror is a bit like comedy, some people will be splitting their sides watching Norman Wisdom, others find something considerably more dry or subtle hits the spot.

I wouldn’t like to generalise but supernatural/psychological horror isn’t as easy to dismiss.

This one really sends shivers down my spine… that scene by the lake!!!

1 Like

It looks as if Amicus Films are coming back with this offering.

4e0ba7434bc817f8622c60de432fabd1

I can’t wait for tickets to become available, I do hope they stay true to form… please!!!

image6talesfromthecrypt

Tales from the Crypt! What a great film

1 Like

Isn’t it just!

That first story starring Joan Collins, a festive cracker of a tale.

tales-from-the-crypt-santa-1

1 Like

@Chilliboot and David Warner, soon to make his name in The Omen.

1 Like

Something for the coffee table

Recommended!

1 Like

@Chilliboot Cool. I had a couple of books by Alan Frank. Monsters and Vampires, and Horror Movies, along with a load of other film encyclopedias. Lost them during house moves.

1 Like

Don’t get me started on house moves :wink:

@Chilliboot download.jpeg-1

1 Like

They should remake “Night Of The Demon”. In America, it’s called “Curse Of The Demon”, and that’s the one I have). It’s in my toppiest 10 old horror films. I can remember when it scared the koojabobbles out of me - I’m not comfortable with a koojabobblectomy, either!

I loved the “Wrong Turn” films and I have the set, but Henry Rollins absolutely made “Wrong Turn 2”, for me…the guy is great. I recommend seeing him in “He Never Died”, also.

However, if they remake “Night Of The Demon”, they’ll no doubt ruin it with politically correct, mandatory inclusions, mentions and references, with which they always ruin remakes!

I like it too but I can’t think what’s non pc about it.

I said that, should they remake “Night Of The Demon”, that’s the version in which political correctness (social programming) will ruin it by running amok!

1 Like

Silly, very silly but fun!

They don’t make them like that anymore, a film that would occasionally be shown last thing at night on the box.

th-110974588

A decent soundtrack too!

Oh yeah!

This has to be my favourite

2a44ee48-6359-4249-9ce6-1c01f7fd8d09

1 Like

@Chilliboot i believe the Peter Cushing episode had a young Brian Cox as co-star. Might have to pick up the series again.

1 Like

That’s correct, I thought the series was a bit hit and miss but I’ve just bought this particular episode from Amazon Prime for £1.89 for just over fifty minutes worth. It should now be all ready on the fire stick.

1 Like

when i was young it was Boris Karloff who was great but the Dracula was Bela Lugusi, but when Christopher Lee leapt onto the table with blood dripping from his mouth the whole theatre clenched in unison and like trained seals we all shrunk away from the screen… proper horror.
now we get to follow ‘The Walking Dead’…
can anyone remember which movie introduced us to Zombies?

I can only speak for myself but this was the film that introduced me to zombies

A very underrated Hammer horror but I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about that one so I won’t bang on about it.

A dark and brooding build up, let down by a corny climax but still a superb Brit horror film!

A rather unsettling performance from the late Jacqueline Pearce makes the film for me.

th-2724550998