The Horror Film Thread

Just a little dusty, cobwebbed corner of the forum for those of us who love to revel in those wonderful films from years gone by. I don’t suppose there’s any merit in me posting a long and rambling introduction, probably just as well :slightly_smiling_face:

I will say however my favourite actor has to be Vincent Price, his gloating is second to none…do stay with me.
Hammer and The Amicus Anthologies are probably my most watched but of course there is so, so much more!

Down to business, this is Brit horror/comedy at it’s best, what a cast!

Only Vincent Price could get away with this.

Definitely not something for the what did you last have to eat and drink thread. Poor old Robert Morley, gorged on poodle pie, top notch gloating Vincent!

Enjoy your breakfast folks🙂

I used to love the late night horror double bills each summer on bbc2. They would have umbrella names like ‘Dracula, Frankenstein and Friends’ or ‘Masters of Terror’. Irresistible! One year it even made the Radio Times front cover…

1 Like

images.jpeg-1

1 Like

That’s a classic cover! I used to beg my parents to let me stay up and watch those on a Saturday night as a kid. Happy days!

Never was I allowed to stay up on a school night… quite right too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I went covert and watched some of them on a portable in my bedroom when I was supposed to be fast asleep. Think my first may have been The Revenge of Frankenstein. I loved Christopher Lee though

1 Like

My local ITV used to have an equivalent, called Fear on Friday at 10.30pm. It tended to have the early 1970’s Hammer and Amicus films.
I can remember my older brother inviting a girl home from the pub, and all I was interested in was watching Dracula AD 1972 :laughing:

1 Like

This girl…her name wasn’t Caroline was it? :wink:

She used to live quite close to me just off the Edgware Road… never got invited in for coffee though :-1:

Any 1930s film starring Todd slaughter :japanese_ogre:
So scary…
just his name gives me the shivers.

IMG_2977

1 Like

Munro, yes. She was a Bond girl in The Spy who Loved Me later.
Sorry about the coffee. I’m sure you got a better offer :joy:

1 Like

I’ve not seen that one Ripple… there’s a Google coming on :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m not telling :wink:

Chilly he made a several Horrific horror films
Now on dvd my son got them on eBay ! Then Paralysed his mother with fear :joy:

1 Like

Yep… I’ve just seen it on Amazon. I don’t have Prime, maybe I should. It’s what mothers day is all about :wink:

Caught Madhouse on You Tube a few months ago, which had Peter Cushing as well as Vincent Price…
That was very high camp too

1 Like

Wrong Turn was SO bad, I stopped watching and picked up my book.

1 Like

Personally I don’t like them much as a genre I don’t find horror films very horrific because I know it is just make believe. I find the suspension of disbelief impossible don’t know why that is because I don’t have the same problem with other dramatic films.

I think horror is a bit like comedy, some people will be splitting their sides watching Norman Wisdom, others find something considerably more dry or subtle hits the spot.

I wouldn’t like to generalise but supernatural/psychological horror isn’t as easy to dismiss.

This one really sends shivers down my spine… that scene by the lake!!!

1 Like

It looks as if Amicus Films are coming back with this offering.

4e0ba7434bc817f8622c60de432fabd1

I can’t wait for tickets to become available, I do hope they stay true to form… please!!!

image6talesfromthecrypt

Tales from the Crypt! What a great film

1 Like

Isn’t it just!

That first story starring Joan Collins, a festive cracker of a tale.

tales-from-the-crypt-santa-1

1 Like