The healthy eating challenge!

You beat me to it summer, was just about to say the same thing. I didn’t drift into an ‘oh what the heck’ attitude, it was almost instantaneous this time last year, when I thought well this thing’s going to kill us anyway so who cares?

So, starting today… I shall report later on all my healthy eating :wink:

Breakfast - nil per mouth
Lunch - salad and grilled chicken breast
Dinner - leftover Lamb stew

I’ll have what she’s having please ===^

That sounds amazing SM :cool:

Greek Yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries, small handful of almonds drizzled with Manuka honey. That was my breakfast. I’m having cheese omelette with baked beans for lunch. I usually have Banana & lentil curls as snacks during the day.
Not decided what’s for tea yet, I’ll come back later and tell what I decide on.

LQ, when you guys (UK residents) say tea, do you mean dinner/supper?

Tea is usually from 4:00 pm until around six Minx, then it becomes dinner…For me anyway…

I decided to shake up tonight’s dinner, which is usually pasta.
I bought some meat free burgers by ‘Birds Eye’ in their ‘Green Cuisine’ range…:078: Yuk! Horrible…Next week it will burgers that were part of an animal…:cool:

wanders in eating a Kit Kat

Oh I had salad with prawns for dinner, this is dessert/snack/supper :shock:

Had a nice steak tonight.

Two sausages, a burger, fried onions, with Naga sauce

Oh some rabbit leaves on the side

Breakfast - 1 x Banana, 10 x Cherries, 10 Grapes, and a small piece of cheese.

Luncheon - 2 x poached eggs on three slices of toast.

Tea - 2 x Hot Cross Buns.

Dinner - Homemade Hawaiian Pizza

The problem I have got with healthy fat free, sugar free, dairy free, gluten free food is the fact that this morning for example I ran six miles and expended over 600 kcal…And that’s before I start the rest of my day…Sunday’s 8.2 mile run will have burned over 800 kcal…I need five star fuel, and plenty of it…

Fruit n Fibre with s/s milk for breakfast.
A shake for lunch (kale, almonds, hazelnuts, raspberries, blackberries, chia seeds, flax seeds, almond milk)
Ham and leek gratin (home made of course ;-)) with steamed veg for dinner, followed by home made yoghurt and sugar free jelly.
Snacks: banana, pear, chocolate chip rice cake.

Not too shabby, eh? Just got to keep it up now…

Blimey, reckon you’re excused OGF. :wink:

I might try that Meg it seems a good way to have a bit of a detox without the pain. I’ve been trying to eat fruit in between meals (or before I reach for the chocolate shelf!). Those little bags of cashew nuts are pretty good for a fix of something that hits the spot. I wonder if anyone sells cashew nuts dipped in chocolate.

haha that’s a politically loaded question! :smiley:

It is a loaded question…Minx in my part of Yorkshire tea is what you would call dinner…but it changes from region to region. You would be posh to call your tea dinner where I come from :slight_smile:

At school we had dinner ladies, not lunch ladies. It’s probably dinner persons these days.

I like him Meg, and have 2 books about this diet. One explains the theory of it and is very interesting, and the other one is 5:2 recipe suggestions.

If I stick to it, it works. I found I soon got used to the ‘fast days.’ which I used to have on Mondays and Fridays, then enjoy myself weekends. :slight_smile:

They actually say 500 cals for the fast days, but the nearest I managed was 600-and-something.

I had started this again a couple of months ago, but then I was poorly so it all got abandoned. You have made me think about getting back to it now. :slight_smile:

Thanks Bathsheba…:wink:
I think that instead of having things to pick at through the day, a proper meal would last longer, provide energy, and drive away those hunger pangs that have people reaching for the ‘Nuts’ Biscuits, dried fruit and other nibbles that are most certainly responsible for an overweight problem…