The great Kier Starmer's Great Speech

Hello,

I haven’t been here for a while because I’m not really an over fifty. I am 51, like the future kind of person of the forum, myself a major figure twenty years hence in my bath chair. Also I will refer to myself as colonel or general - when I change the avatar.

It is my day off. Two things. 1. Would anybody like a job? Presently, staff - dropping like insects - we are insects and we need staff. I demand two days away a week AND

1. Starmer’s speech will be entertaining. I mean, it’s not as if they can’t do it? I’m thinking Andy Burnham could do it? Do I buy some beer for the speech? The wife is probably shopping during the speech so anything might happen?

Okay, let’s find the delete button so this never appears on the web. Where is it?

2 Likes

I think the button got deleted…
They have put in safety places for us oldies to hide things…
well, we are back in our childhood now…

p.s. Ok if I call you Son…

1 Like

That’s okay. May I call you ‘mammy’?

Afraid not Son. The rules would be broken…just call me Al…

Thank you Al,

And the other thing of note for the world - today is maybe the last chance for a swim in the North Sea before the wintertime? I don’t know if the forum has a North Sea swim correspondent, I could serve such a purpose. I stand on cliff tops and indicate with my digits the rip current danger in progression. I talk to lifeguards often, as well. Honk honk [seal]

1 Like

Hi Matchu! Welcome back to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your duties as the North Sea swim correspondent here.

Hope you have a fun time here.

1 Like

…and who the hell is Kier Starmer?

1 Like

That’s what everyone says,even in the Labour party.

1 Like

Only if they are supporters of the scruffy old Marxist Corbyn and his crew of nutcases .
Keir Starmer is the present leader of the Labour Party .

Yeah, but for how long?

I found Starmer’s speech aweful, little more than criticism, soundbites and slogans interspersed with applause from party lemmngs.
With him as leader Labour will never be elected, he is weak does not seem to know what he stands for on practically anything, his lack of real opposition to some of the terrible decisions made by Boris and co during the pandemic was an absolute disgrace.
It looks like we will be stuck with the Tories for some years to come

1 Like

Although my political mind runs slightly to the right of centre, I cannot abide that idiot Boris and if an election was only weeks away, I doubt if I could vote decisively with him at the ships wheel.

It’s the same here mindbogglingly inept government but with a very weak Labor opposition.

I thought it was quite good .

I think Starmer is a good man but so uninspiring he didnt say what Labours policies are but as we know Labour will not do the average middle income people any good because they never do …
We are a country bereft of leaders .

What found particularly scary was the bit of his speech where he spoke of how so few rapes lead to prosecutions and when he is Prime Minister he will do something about it. If memory serves he was head of the Crown Prosecution Service where again he was accused of being weak.

1 Like

The whole legal approach to rape or any kind of sexual inappropriate approach needs a full overhaul.

Pretty much any approach these days is inappropriate it seems. :smiley:

Speech Highlights - the fly, the 2 glasses of water as props, the rather awkward use of his arms, the teleprompter typo when he said ‘I am obvio’ or sim…the ‘patronising’ usage of euphemism ‘working people.’ Hecklers.

It was kind of enjoyable in the theatre sense. Left wing firebrand Laura ‘Something’ appeared straight afterward on the Beeb and she was exhilarating in terms of character….