The future of covid (caution, may be bleak)

This article is looking at the future of covid. Will it be like the flu? Considering people still get it after getting vaccinated, even multiple times, will it just become a fact of life?

A lot is still unknown but the author of this article surmises that people will be getting covid again and again, even with herd immunity.

One scientist’s guess is that people will get it every three years.

Some people surmise that it could be like getting a cold. But others are taking into account long covid which can impair people for a lot longer than a cold.

One scientist says that the more times people get it, the more likely they are to have long term effects.

Not enough is known to determine if reinfection will cause problems.

Never had it - don’t plan on having it - and don’t believe all the media hype about it! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Well, at risk of being another Bad News Betty, I think it’s going to shorten our life expectancy :scream:

Old people get it worse, get worse long term symptoms and are more likely to die from it

And we all get older every year so it’s another thing that’s likely to polish us off in our weakened and decrepit years!

There, I bet you all feel a lot better now, don’t you? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

One of the carers where I work has had it four times, not from the residents either…

1 Like

I have two friends who’ve had it twice within six months. They are in their early forties but it’s really taken it out of them

People may not be dying of it but it’s still nasty, worse than flu, I think

And next winter there will no doubt be more new variants, just like the flu vaccine has to be tweaked every year.

I received a letter from NHS today inviting me to have another ‘booster’ - they can keep it - not going there.

1 Like

Go and get it Tabby, if you have had some dose, nothing to lose, from here on in. :smiley:

I had one, ignored it, now I’ve had a reminder.
Don’t know what to do, fed up with being jabbed, do I really need a 4th one?

1 Like

It’s being so cheerful that keeps you going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was my view too, until I discovered that the latest variant was spreading swiftly in my neck of the woods, so when the vaccination centre rang, I decided to accept. This time around I had the Modena vaccine :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

And how were you afterwards LD?
Did you get any unpleasant reaction?

I received my 4th Covid dose on Tuesday. I have now had two Astra Zeneca and two Pfizer boosters. I’m stripped down and raring to go!

Funny thing I haven’t had a reaction to any of the previous shots except a sore arm but I did have a slight (and I mean slight) fever the following day.

1 Like

About the same following the Pfizer booster. Heavy sore arm and slight off feeling the following day. Other than that, I was firing on all cylinders by the next day following the feeling off period.

Glad you were OK, LD. :+1:

2 Likes

That settles it for me - if they’re using that one I am definitely not going!

1 Like