The Funeral Is Over... Now Let The Battle Commence!

Well… after most funerals there is going to be some upset about who’s getting what? Who got more? Who was promised what?
I would say that most upsets in families is after a funeral and it’s usually a parent’s funeral and siblings falling out.

Am l right or am l wrong? Please tell us your views on this subject.
Has it occurred in your family, will it happen in the Royal Family?
Thank goodness, the corgis are sorted… Andy has those!

2 Likes

Has anyone received a single air fare to California yet?

1 Like

Andy has got something useful to do now anyway.

2 Likes

Hope it doesn’t wear him out too much. Can’t have him breaking into a sweat.

2 Likes

I can imagine them all tugging at the Queen’s crown that was bolted onto the top of the Queen’s coffin.

‘She left it to me’. ‘No she didn’t, she said l could have it’. ‘No you got the corgis’…

1 Like

I don’t really want to have a picture in my head of Andrew tugging anything. !!!

2 Likes

I suppose Andrew will be used to looking after the corgis, he’s done plenty of grooming…

4 Likes

Maybe he offered because he thought he heard someone ask if anyone wanted to get involved with the dogging.

2 Likes

There are allegations that Meghan has written to the king to ask for a chat about certain matters. Maybe she wants to ask him for something specific.

1 Like

He should look on the bright side Art. Apparently the best way to chat up, and meet ladies, is to have a couple of dogs in tow. Put the girls on Red Alert!! :dizzy_face: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I read something somewhere which did make me think , it said

Wouldn’t it have been nice if the Queen had left a large sum to the NHS for her people

Of course this won’t have happened but just imagine what a wonderful gesture it would have been .

But it would be interesting to know what millions were left where and to whom

1 Like

good idea in principle perhaps but everyman and his dog would be arguing for a slice of the cake!!

1 Like

I imagine the Queen will have left the bulk of her personally owned estate to Charles because Sovereign to Sovereign attracts no inheritance tax - if she leaves any significant amount of her private wealth to other family members, I think it does attract Inheritance Tax, doesn’t it? - unless they’ve got round it in other ways.

The Queen had a lot of jewellery passed down the Royal Family from Mother to daughter and Grandmother to granddaughter over the centuries - she seemed to lend a lot of it out to the younger members of the Royal Family to wear and sometimes gave them pieces of jewellery from her personal collection, I think.
Apart from the “Crown Jewels”, I’m not sure how much of her jewellery is in the “Royal Collection” which stays in trust for the next Sovereign and how much of it was personally owned by the Queen.
Same goes for all paintings and other valuable items and collections.
I expect they are all catalogued and valued for insurance purposes .

Andrew had to offer the corgis a home, really.
The Queen stopped breeding Corgis some years ago because she said she did not want to die leaving young dogs behind.
Her own corgis had all died off - it was Andrew and his daughters who gave her the last couple of corgis in the last year or two, to cheer her up and give her some company during lockdown, the last pup was a gift from Andrew after Prince Philip died.
I guess he knew then the young corgi pups would probably outlive the Queen, so he may have to take them in eventually.

1 Like

As he has nothing else to do they will keep him occupied .

2 Likes

Perhaps he could buy a small flat in Slough and earn a living dog walking?

1 Like

Or work part time in pizza express he would be a wow.

2 Likes

or doggin in the woods??

I expect she has gifted them large amounts years ago and thereby will have avoided the seven years INT
Princess Annes beautiful estate was a wedding gift from the Queen .
She will also have taken advice on trusts for her relatives which also avoid IHT .