The final of Strictly

I have searched and can’t believe there is no thread about Strictly!

Am just waiting to see who wins but I am crossing my fingers for Helen Skelton.

I have loved the show this year.

Used to watch SCD avidly. But not bothered with it for several years. Dunno why, as it’s good entertainment and people work blooming hard to learn new skills.

Good luck and well done to the finalists, and eventual winner.

2 Likes

Well, wasn’t expecting Hanza (sp?) to win. He was very good and improved dramatically but I thought a lot of his dancing routine was actually because of his excellent partner. He did a lot more lifting than dancing in some routines. nevertheless, he did very well.

1 Like

Well done Hamza. For a big man you were amazing.

Sorry, no time for it, so many egos unleashed.

I stopped watching strictly because there is a lot of nonsense and wasted silly time . The dancing amazing and very clever but as said above too many egos hogging the camera . The screaming and noise got on my nerves too .

2 Likes

I wonder what the subject of conversation is going to be on the Radio 2 Breakfast show now, Strictly 2023? :icon_wink:

Precisely why I don’t ever watch this kind of show.

1 Like

I thought Hamza was very entertaining and is clearly a lovely guy but his dancing was not a patch on Helen Skelton’s. It was the public’s choice though so have to go with it.

1 Like

I agree, Hamza seems like a sweetie, but has been overmarked all the way through. Helen has really developed as a dancer, and has done very well for someone with no previous dance training, which both Molly and Fleur have had.

I honestly can`t stand it,i tried to watch it once and turned off after around 15 minutes.

I admit never having watched it, can’t see the point, I know chuff all about dancing (or celebrities for that matter)

Went to a ladies evening at a Masonic Lodge a few years ago (as guests), and they had a pair of pro dancers who’d been in SCD do a turn. All very good, but couldn’t really see the point of it myself. Not knocking it mind, they’re obviously talented and work very hard to perfect what they do, and no doubt some love it in the same way that I really enjoy piano recitals.

That’s it Dex, when I youtube a talented Guitarist, and the Wife and Daughter are in the room, I point out some of the technical wizardry, it goes straight over their heads, this used to flummox me but now I understand.
With SCD, there can’t possibly 6 million or so armchair dance experts can there? :icon_wink:

1 Like

I don’t know most of the celebs but I love the glitter and the amazing costumes.

1 Like

It’s like the Queen’s funeral without the sadness. :wink::joy::joy:

A lot of people loved watching/listening to Liberace as he was a great entertainer. But, it has to be said, he wasn’t a great pianist. :wink:

Was it something to do with all those lavish rings he used to wear? It must have been like lifting weights.

1 Like

Mystery how he managed to play at all with all of that paraphernalia on!!

1 Like

Maybe it was the Candelabra?

1 Like