The Everest Challenge

I don’t really know anything about this so perhaps someone can explain .
Is it this one ?

Hi Muddy, yes, ours at work is based on that sort of idea but we designed our own and do it every year, supporting a homeless charity.

Some people do it sponsored but most of us just donate a tenner to join in

Basically, we each have a picture of Everest marked off into a grid, each square representing a number of stairs climbed.

You count the number of steps in a flight, at work and at home, and can tick of a square and progress up Everest as you walk up extra stairs

I can’t remember where we got the chart from, I’ll try to find it

We’ve got a big chart in the lobby and you move your flag up the mountain as you progress

It’s good fun and gets us using the stairs instead of the lifts and if you’re busy, sometimes it’s easier to work exercise into your daily activities rather than set aside a specific time

We send out an email as each person gets to the top!

We’ve been doing it for a few years now but I think we got the idea from those commercial ones but decided we’d rather donate to a good cause than get a naff medal!

Thank you Maree :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the chart we use. We pinched it shamelessly from their website!

https://www.sportotago.co.nz/asset/downloadasset?id=9cabbd58-5052-438c-b10e-bc8980d868ce

If you wanted to be strictly accurate you should measure the height of your steps and work it out exactly but we just go with 20 steps, tick off a box, close enough :rofl:

If you wanted to have a go, you could print one off

As I live in a bungalow this won’t work for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh no, :rofl:, of course it won’t :frowning:

I suppose you could get one of these ……

but it wouldn’t be as much fun :frowning:

1 Like

Or maybe a pile of books would work, as long as they’re not slippery. I did get a step counter a while back. It was amusing for a while, but it wasn’t very motivational for me. Maybe I’ll dig that out again. Thanks @Maree and @M44. You’ve both got me thinking more about exercising again.

1 Like

If walking is your thing, WorldWalking is quite fun. It counts your steps towards virtual walks around the world and you get picture and awards!

1 Like

Thanks! Cool video. I’ll check out the app. I also want to check out those youtube videos you posted in the other thread. I’ve been looking for some non-stressful exercises to get me started. I want to start super sllloooooowly.

My bullet journal tab is set up for my start. :slight_smile:

1 Like