The End of The Pandemic in Sight says WHO

Some much needed Good News

1 Like

Good News indeed ā€¦ :+1:

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-chief-says-end-sight-covid-19-pandemic-2022-09-14/

The virus, which emerged in China in late 2019, has killed nearly 6.5 million people and infected 606 million, roiling global economies and overwhelming healthcare systems.

The rollout of vaccines and therapies have helped to stem deaths and hospitalisations, and the Omicron variant which emerged late last year causes less severe disease. Deaths from COVID-19 last week were the lowest since March 2020, the U.N. agency reported.

Still on Wednesday, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus again urged nations to maintain their vigilance and likened the pandemic to a marathon race.

ā€œNow is the time to run harder and make sure we cross the line and reap the rewards of all our hard work.ā€

Countries need to take a hard look at their policies and strengthen them for COVID-19 and future viruses, Tedros said. He also urged nations to vaccinate 100% of their high-risk groups and keep testing for the virus.

Iā€™m more inclined to read this news asā€¦The End Of The Pandemic Is In Sight? Says Who?

4 Likes

Great News!:+1:

1 Like

Should be titled THE PANDEMIC THAT NEVER WAS !!
IMO of course !! :worried::worried:

1 Like

Aww Donkeyman, well if you and yours escaped its ravages, then I am happy you did. Sadly though, many people died with this or of this virus (I knew a few) so I canā€™t agree with you that it didnā€™t exist, Iā€™m afraid.

3 Likes

@PixieKnuckles , Thatā€™s ok pixie ! I just think that 6 M out of 7 B is
nowt?
Roughly one in infinity by my reckoning ?? :+1::+1:

1 Like

It was the quick and science based world-wide response that can be credited with the relatively low loss of life rather than trite statements by the mathematically illiterate.

3 Likes

Yes the Vaccines, stopped the heavy loss of lives , who can for get the earley days in Italy ,when it all kicked off , Heartbreaking .

Totally agree. The 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic claimed an estimated 50 million lives worldwide, because they did not have the ability to develop the sophisticated vaccines and medication that we have today.

Iā€™m quite sure that without that science Covid 19 would have been free to run rampant through the world population and claim many more millions of lives.

TBH, it seems to me that to claim there was no pandemic is to insult all those scientists who worked day and night, quietly and out of sight, around the world, to produce the life saving vaccines that have kept so many of us safe.

6 Likes

Quite ā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

@Omah , Not so Omah, many countries around the world could not afford
to mount a full scale vaccine programme, only the VIPs could get a
vaccination ! The deaths in these countries were not significantly different
from more wealthy countries !
Any difference between rich and poor death rates are historic and explained
by the exotic diseases present in the usually tropical poorer countries !
Just face it folks, youā€™ve been conned!
Not by the doctors, but by big pharma, aided by the media !! :grin::grin::+1::+1:
With a little help from their friends, the crooked polititions ??

1 Like

Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve engaged in such debates, so forgive my declining memory when I askā€¦for what purpose?

@Dextrous63 , In one word ā€œPROFITā€ !!
Trillions of profit !!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Donkeyman I donā€™t buy that. Theyā€™re not short of a bob or two, and never will be. No need to go for a mad panic buy.

1 Like

@Dextrous63 Exactly that Dex!
The money they were stirring up was OURS!!
Straight from our pockets and into big pharma!
And thence to wherever there was a palm to be greased!!
ā€œThere are none so greedy as the man/ woman who has all !!ā€
Donkey man. circa. 2022 !

1 Like

@Donkeyman, And the group of people who concocted this global conspiracy presumably belong to the Special Pandemic Executive Creating Total Ripoff (of) Everyone (aka SPECTRE) who live in a big Atlantis Base under the sea, in disused volcanoes, Space Stations etc etc, spending their free time stroking white pussycats.

Aha, it all makes sense now.

1 Like

@Dextrous63 , No wrong, itā€™s called the United front for the creation and
betterment of billionaires! Or the ā€˜Uffcbbā€™ for short !!
I am surprised you havenā€™t heard of them ??
Itā€™s not really a conspiracy, more of a mantra really !!

1 Like

Gawd , everyone all over the World were told to stay at home , Even now as i speak China is still using lock down where out breaks of Covid are .

But still we have those who say No It was not a Pandemic , ā€¦Just wondering if they had the Covid Vaccine .

1 Like

Not quite so catchy an acronym.

Iā€™m in trouble now, since Iā€™ve blown their cover and ScaraPrincessDiana has been contracted to come out of retirement, leave her private Chinese Island and come and assassinate me with her golden stiletto gun.

1 Like