The "Dancing" thread

They are good! We did that one, but not as well as them :rofl:

Here’s how if you want a go :joy:

And the original …….

2 Likes

They sure are having fun just letting go and allowing the music to take over. :grinning:

2 Likes

Would you join in the fun :icon_wink: :man_dancing:

1 Like

@Bretrick …I shall give it a go , Ive got my Crutchers still if i need them , haha…

@Maree thanks Maree…

@spitfire , you need speed for that .

1 Like

Most certainly would. Though not as energetically as those fellas. What with my knees an’ all. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Horses for courses :smiley:

Oh yes, definitely letting go and sod what anyone looking on thought. Occasionally, if the children were at home behaving and my Nan was watching them on a Sunday, I’d grab the battery cassette player and me and my blondie would escape to Bushy Park for a spot of boppin to Matchbox with any of the gang who were also free for a couple of hours :point_down:

1 Like

This rendition of Foot Tapper from Slamo has some sequences from a young dancing couple that made me look twice as I thought it was old footage of my eldest daughter and her partner Benny. Not only her face but she also had a dance dress that was visually the same. She loved to dance to dad on the strat for practice. Unfortunately, Benny was dumped to be replaced with Danny who had a much better sense of rhythm, timing and presence. . . such is life :wink:

1 Like

More Shuffle … … oh how I wish I was in my 20’s again :wink:

and some more

Clip from the 1957 movie Untamed Youth, starring Mamie Doren and Lorie Nelson.
Red River Rock - Johnny and the Hurricanes

1 Like

There are a lot of Birds in this thread, don’t recognise any of them!

I remember being granted permission for a visit to the cinema from boarding school to see " a film" and being already 5’ 10" at 14, I had no problem getting in as did my mate Eric at 5’ 8" also 14. Something in the back of my mind told me we were lucky because of the 1st bad review the film was withdrawn. I expect that was because one girl died :pensive:
I also used to enjoy Johnny & the Hurricanes :+1:

Eddie Cochran :point_down:

1 Like

Mamie sitting on the jukebox @ .48 and 1.07 sec.

1 Like

Footloose.

Love it all, thanks for sharing. The shuffle dancing is great.

When we were on holiday in Spain once there was outside entertainment and most of us were just jiggling about. A middle aged French couple got up and did THE most sensual dance I ever saw. They were only in casual T shirts and jeans but it was magical and most of us stopped to watch.

1 Like

If that floats ya boat, then perhaps the newer Bumpy Ride ‘training’ for belly dancing might hit the spot too :point_down:

1 Like

I have a hilarious video take off of this. Will post if I can find it. :rofl:

1 Like

Hopefully this is it but you must watch it to the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unexpected/comments/m841o6/belly_dancing_and_balancing/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb3x&utm_name=mweb3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

1 Like

And you need sound on.:rofl::rofl:

1 Like