The "Dancing" thread

Did you enjoy dancing and if so did you also dance in public places if the rozzers weren’t around? I was guilty of both, so I thought it was about time a thread existed for a spot of bopping & hopping :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

A bunch of happy chappies.

3 Likes

What my granddaughters get up to👇

1 Like

A whole bunch of people just doing it.

2 Likes

If I were 50yrs younger :wink:

Full marks to the big guy here for sheer endurance, sweat an all - if you’ve got it, flaunt it😁

I loved dancing,any type of dancing , I was in the Scottish Dancing team at school , and in practice danced round crossed swords to Bagpipes playing it was a special treat .I took dancing lessons when I was 17 , before I went on the disco floor .

I was in my 50s when we went to a 40s do , and watched the Swing Dance , So I dragged my hubby off to dance lessons to learn , We thought it was going to be a one on one ,and nearly ducked out before the lesson started .But with everyone lined up learning the steps we soon got hooked . at the end of the lesson it turned into a social and we practiced the steps we learnt .
I miss those days ,

2 Likes

I used to be an avid player of the highland bagpipes until a lung condition brough it all to a rapid halt. I love the sound👍, but then I do have some Scottish ancestry.

1 Like

Ah health gets in the way of everything , my dancing too , My Scottish ancestry comes from my Grandma ,her family were from Mussleborough.

1 Like

One of the things I love about visiting Liverpool is the tendency of passers-by to join in with the street entertainment.
I’ve often seen a spontaneous street dance begin when there is a busker performing or if there is some recorded music playing - it only takes one person to start it off and folk start joining in.
I’ve seen it happen in other cities occasionally but it feels to me that Liverpool seems to have a special lively vibe.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=liverpool+busker+gets+people+dancing&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5d3b8c54,vid:wXfxFBK33YI

2 Likes

I love Shuffle dancing.

2 Likes

This was one of my favourite Linedances. I had great fun teaching it to my classes.

I do thoroughly enjoy watching the youngster indulging themselves, but now at my advanced age, alas, all I can do is watch which is so frustrating considering how active I used to be on the dance floor and any open space.

1 Like

I used to shuffle dance round the kitchen for exercise, then I had my accident back in January and not been able to do it since, nor the linedance as my balance is still too bad. Hopefully though it will return to normal.
I used to use an old Elvis Song, “His Latest Flame” I learned this dance.

1 Like

Oh yes, balance. The older I have become, the worse my balance has become to match my age; even suddenly turning my head if looking up will make be giddy.
Getting what some call elderly, sucks big time :wink:

1 Like

I was fine balance wise untill I fell, but the surgeon told me I’d be a year to 18 months healing time. Hope I’ll get it back as I really miss my jigging lol.

1 Like

@Bretrick
Sooo funny , what men get upto on a day out in the woods ,no not hunting , just letting go ,

1 Like

Everyone should dance everyday! I do, it doesn’t have to be any good, just put on some music and prance around the kitchen a bit while you cook

My friends daughter teaches us oldies the TikTok dances

And this is my favourite at the moment

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJVFUvHS/

2 Likes