The Damn Whipper Snipper

I have a relatively new Ryobi Whipper Snipper and in one of those rare moments of enthusiasm I decided to trim the edges of my new footpath outside my property as well as the kerb edges. It’s winter so the grass is only slowly growing.

Just as I started down the return side the line disappeared, I presumed it had run out and needed replacing. I got the handbook out as I hadn’t done it on this machine before but it looked pretty straight forward.

Except of course it wasn’t! I had let the line get too worn and it had snapped off in the head. Absolutely no instructions on how to dismantle the head and it wasn’t really obvious. Thank god for Youtube eventually I found a video which obliquely referred to its construction so I was able to take it to bits and reassemble it reusing the original line.

The trimmer has a fairly good method of loading new line but it is impossible if the line is still in the head, it seems a weird omission not to tell you how to dismantle it and a really annoying one too.

Apart from that it is not a bad machine, a bit noisy perhaps but if you don’t precisely follow its starting instructions it is too easy to flood, my old Mcdonald’s machines were very forgiving.

Do you have any machines with glaring omissions in the instructions provided? or that need special care?

I thought this thread was going to be about vindscreen viper swipers

We bought a strimmer I forget the make something german sounding .
It’s great when it’s going but to record it is a pain . It’s didn’t come with instructions Mr M had likewise to take to YouTube .