The curious sky phenomenon this evening

I’d hazard a guess at some kind of ionising radiation.

Could it be a laser light show?

Wow!!!

Weird, but cool.

1 Like

I don’t think it was reflected. It almost like jet contrails Possibly part of a light show maybe but it was dead straight and it was abruptly extinguished. I’ll ask around.

All three beams are strangely parallel without any scatter and I find that perplexing.

1 Like

Yes, that was my thought too.

1 Like

Wow, this is something else @Besoeker! It’s the absolute straightness that is so weird. You’d kind of expect there to be some light bending somewhere, though what do I know? :102:

Please let us know, if you find out anything more about this - you can’t be the only person in your area who saw it!

@Besoeker I think it was just Azz updating OFF. Azz has powers we know not of. :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Could it be something to do with this?

https://www.visitdoncaster.com/whats-on/arts-and-culture/dn-festival-of-light-2021

1 Like

Take Sky with a pinch of salt.

BTW nice bunker.

It could be although it a couple of weeks away. Maybe it’s part of the rehearsal?

1 Like

That’s incredible Visitor!!

It’s obvious innit … it’s Captain Kirk, Spock and some other crew member transporting up to the Enterprise in teeny molecular bits.

Similar:

The Global Rainbow is a large-scale public art light installation created by Yvette Mattern. The artwork beams seven rays of laser light representing the color spectrum of a natural rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.

The 120+ W power laser light projection beaming in parallel horizontal lines creates a natural perspective horizon arc simulating a natural rainbow arc and has a trajectory or viewing spectrum of up to 60 KM depending on atmospheric conditions.

The presentation is poetic, magical and powerful. It encompasses the skyline and its viewing perspective is as ephemeral as viewing a natural rainbow. Theoretically and symbolically its presentation encompasses geographical and social diversity in its reach throughout distinct points across the globe.

It reminds me of a Jean Michel-Jarre concert.

Highly likely … :wink:

1 Like

And there was me hoping it was aliens … there’s no magic left in life anymore. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

What area is this please?

It’s Doncaster area bur, because it was night, I couldn’t estimate the distance.

1 Like