The Covid Crisis in India

You don’t need to read online news to do the math of uninfected population x infectiousness of a new virus to which we have no prior immunity.

In terms of the vaccine I posted yesterday about a late fashion designer living in Paris who’d had both vaccines and yet still developed the south African variant from which he died earlier this week. He was only 59. I only found out about this by accident on social media. It’s not being publicised widely but clearly what’s driving the caution of coming out of lockdown etc.

So forcing people to have the vaccine would not be of great benefit in the long term. It is to reduce the spread and ease pressures on healthcare/save lives while they look for an actual cure for this horrible disease.

The virus takes the old, and the vaccines stop reproduction in the young…Perfect!..:wink:

What you have posted about the guy who died was posted on social media, sorry, I take that with a pinch of salt.

When the facts are posted then I may agree, so much is covered up, we don’t know half of what is going on in this world, but of course I can’t prove it,;-)…

:slight_smile:

Except that the countries with highest population growth have little access to vaccines. Our birthrate has already been falling.

Absolutely Annie, in all cases.
You don’t need links to find a logical answer to the post I made…
Obviously they don’t want to put people off having the vaccines, so no negative news stories…:009:

Boris doesn’t really care about infections in the community, what he does care about is swamping the NHS, and people dying in the corridors.

But there will never be a cure for Covid, at least they haven’t found one yet and it’s been around for thousands of years.

No Pauline I said I found out about it on social media. It was in the news including British Vogue but not something that came up mainstream unless you follow fashion news :

I had to dig further to find out whether he was vaccinated. See para two of the article below

https://www.timesofisrael.com/alber-elbaz-top-israeli-fashion-icon-and-ex-lanvin-director-dies-of-covid/

A number of news sources mention that he is vaccinated but I haven’t found out which vaccine. I assume he had it in Paris and they are using Pfizer and moderna.

So not covered up as such just not covered widely and not highlighted. I assume there are many more cases such as this which is why we have all this caution despite vaccinations.

Give it time Annie…It seems to be humming along nicely.

I will leave you to believe what you believe or what you have read,/ researched.

No concrete evidence there, about the guy who died, just assumptions…you found about him on social media…which I take with a pinch of salt…

Not entirely Pauline, some have picked up quite a bit of knowledge
during their overlong lives which they are kind enough to pass on ?
I have learnt quite a lot since joining OFF !!
Trouble is l tend to forget some of it !
But at least l can say l have forgotten more than you will ever know ?

Donkeyman!

That made me laugh,:lol::lol:…especially the last sentence.:lol:…of course I totally disagree…:-D…how would you know that, if you had forgotten it all?..:lol::lol:…an assumption…
Where have they picked the information up from in the past?..

Pauline the BBC reported his death from Covid. The times of Israel confirmed he had been fully vaccinated and died of the south African variant. That is not social media hype.

. . . after just starting a thread about do we argue our point or walk away! :lol:

(Sorry Pauline, couldn’t resist it). :wink:

Anyway, the topic is supposed to be about Covid in India, is it not - not whether we believe in God or not?

It is a well established fact that dark skinned people tend to react worse to the virus than light skinned. Just when we seem to think that we have got covid beaten it flares up in another country. I believe Turkey are experiencing a serious explosion of cases and have had to resort to a lockdown. It was reported previously that Turkey had fared better than most up until now.

This is what I meant when I posted that the worst is yet to come. This virus is so unpredictable and can flare up just anywhere. We will never be rid of it while ever it is still in circulation somewhere in the world. Twenty first century living makes ideal conditions for the spread of this killer virus. Until we can prevent travel between countries it will always be a shadow on the horizon. Some hard decisions need to be made.

*** [I][SIZE=“3”]In case anyone has forgotten, the title of the thread is “The Covid Crisis in India”.

Several off topic posts have been removed. Please keep to the topic.

Thank you [/SIZE][/I]

I doubt whether vey much will have, really, changed since i was travelling there (Calcutta, via Ceylon, Madras, etc) back in the late 1950s.

Taking in the way of life, first, there were always so many who lived, totally, out on the streets, disease was frequent. Disease found it’s way easily in such hot, and often very humid conditions.

Next (I’ll get shot for this) Religion plays a part. Some of us will remember a TV program, from India, a couple of years back, where an interviewed Maharani was asked why those of lower castes stayed as poor as they did.

Her reply was that the very low castes were schooled that, when they died, they would be re-incarnated to a high level, in the next life.

Imagine that! Be a good lad and you will be rewarded!

Lastly, we seem very happy to get our Doctors and Nurses from the very poorest backgrounds.

That might mean that there are few left, back there, qualified to help their own.

India is one place that I would never consider going on holiday although prior to the pandemic it was quite popular.
As a child I saw real poverty when we lived in South Africa for a few years and I have no desire to see even worse examples during what is meant as R&R time.

You’re right though that the UK (and we are not alone) are happy to use Indian-trained and other nations’ medical staff and the shortage this leaves behind in their home countries has been recognized for decades but little has been done about it.

That’s almost certain to have had at least some effect on treatment especially of this virus during this pandemic.

One of the advantages of living in a land of ‘Milk and Honey’ Zaphod. Britain is the jewel in Europe’s crown…:cool:

I don’t think that’s how people from India view Britain. It’s a two way street. We give to India and India gives to us. Anyone who says otherwise lives up their own poppadom. People of Indian heritage are now part of our culture.

Their poverty is far worse than our poverty Annie, why wouldn’t they admire Britain with envious eyes?

I see that the Express today is saying that India is blaming the EU for India’s crisis:

“India blames EU for up to FOUR MILLION Covid cases - ‘People were scared of vaccines’”

Whether or not it’s true it makes a valid point.