The Carnival is Over

It has just been announced that Judith Durham, lead singer with The Seekers, has died. She was seventy-nine. She had a pure voice, and enjoyed a few hits with the Seekers, as well as during a solo singing career.

Here she is in action…

1 Like

Beautiful pure voice. My Dad used to sing this. :cry:

Thanks for the video.

1 Like

It was one of the contenders to be played at my funeral - very poignant.

A lovely voice, very haunting….

RIP Judith.

She had such a beautiful voice. My mum loved all her songs, one of her favourite singers. RIP Judith - the angels will be proud to have you singing with them :innocent:

1 Like

I loved her voice and that song in particular. Can’t get it out of my head now. RIP.

My mom used to sing along to her songs,a lovely voice.
RIP judith.

How sad! She had a beautiful voice and it was always a pleasure to listen!

Lovely voice. Sadly missed.

She gave so much pleasure to so many. There is one particular song that to me is as good as any religious offering :point_down: I think its great and no matter faith what you are, this is always pertinent.

2 Likes

R.I.P. Judith - may angels fly you safely home.

RIP Judith.

I’ve been watching the seekers on yt , she had such a wonderful voice ,
Rip Judith…

1 Like

A true legend from our lifetime lost

I’ve always had a soft spot for Judith Durham and The Seekers.
Never saw them in concert but of course there’s plenty to watch on YouTube, not the same thing I know.

1 Like

God bless you Judith, here’s one of my favourites…

4 Likes

Very evocative…love it!

1 Like

I was never a big fan of the Seekers but she did have the voice of an angel. I was shocked to hear on the news that she had died.

She is to have a state funeral in Melbourne

1 Like

(7) The Seekers - I Am Australian: Special Farewell Performance (all 5 verses) - YouTube

1 Like

Used to sing this to my kids when they were in bed and meant to be going to sleep.
They still remember every word.
Bless you Judith for giving us that precious happiness

1 Like