The Capture, BBC 1

Until the last episode. :-p

Twerp. http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/quarrel/m1326.gif

:mrgreen:

Thanks Margaret. :slight_smile:

It lost me a bit this week, but I was trying to do other things at the same time, so probably not concentrating enough.

That’s the problem isn’t it? Full concentration is required to understand about half of what is going on!

If it helps: the body was that of the lawyer; the detective spoke to Shaun for a few minutes, before he stole her car, and she discovered the true address that he had been taken to - she and the sergeant visited the address and met with the grey moustached American, who is in contact with that hard-faced blonde detective for some reason. Sorry I can’t remember names I have enough trouble with the plot!!

It ended where Shaun was taken to a sort of dance hall (old fashioned word I know) by a woman who had all of the spots not covered by CCTV on her phone … don’t ask me how … then Shaun saw the man who had been in the lawyer’s flat and followed him to a room above the so-called dance floor where he saw the solicitor who was working with the woman lawyer and a lot of other men. I think the woman with the 'phone was meant to lead him there eventually.

Anyway, that’s my reading of it - of course I could be entirely wrong!! :slight_smile:

They called themselves Pilgrims For Justice so I assume these are the good guys ?
Shaun …the actor playing him is so very ineffectual … is still having flashbacks …brought on by the flashing lights in the rave dancehall …is this story loosely based on The Manchurian Candidate …Hannah was part of that group Shaun was directed to kidnap and kill ?

Meanwhile Rachel has been suspended and at one point threatened to tell wife of her ex lover.about their affair …obviously now he’s dumped her after using her because he’s in contact with that detective who suspended Rachel .

Thanks for that Zulieka, I couldn’t for the life of me remember who they were. I haven’t seen The Manchurian Candidate so I can’t comment on that.

Thanks very much for all your effort, Margaret.
It makes more sense now. :023:

Well now we know what is happening and who killed the lawyer - but what can Rachel her sargeant and Shaun do about it? Talk about conspiracy theories, what a series!

Just finished watching last night’s series finale - it’s harrowing what goes on that we don’t know about.

Looks like a second series could follow in due course but it remains to be seen what Rachel Carrey’s motive is in the final scene.

LT, Yes, it does make you wonder.

It wasn’t exactly a happy ending, more swings and roundabouts!
I was more distracted by Rachel Carey’s OTT catwalk strut!

Me too! :wink:

I thought the ending was a bit disappointing for Sean.

I thought so too! The murderer of the lawyer goes free and Sean is jailed for that instead of for killing the unarmed chap. A very odd ending. Maybe, as has been said, there will be another series …

Yes, probably.:slight_smile:

I was thoroughly confused in the end.
It got a bit too intricate and involved for my brain. :slight_smile:

I watched the first two episodes on iPlayer yesterday (aim to watch the other four over the next couple of days). Fantastic! :038:

The way to do it :smiley:

I enjoyed that series when it was first shown. I do hope there will be a Series 2.

… watched the final two episodes today. I thought it was a great ending to a great story.

… for two reasons: the soldier ends up in prison thru his own doing, he’s exhausted, can no longer trust anyone, wants the quiet life, and is punishing himself because - as we knew all the way thru - he is guilty of shooting the unarmed Muslim. And Rachel Carey’s strut, and her agreement to joint up with the nasty fixers … we’re left knowing she’s up to something.

Just thought l would revive this thread as the second series of ‘The Capture’ started on Monday/Tuesday of this week. (BBC1 9pm) There are six episodes.

Will definitely be available on BBCiPlayer.

I really like this series about surveillance cameras and wonder how near to the truth does this series touch?

DI Rachel Carey is still strutting her stuff like a catwalk model!