The Capture, BBC 1

Anyone watch this on BBC1 tonight, 9 o/clock?
It will be six episodes.

It was the one about the ex-soldier released for a crime he didn’t commit, only to be re-arrested for another one.

The Capture - BBC1

Did anyone start watching last night? I thought the first episode was intriguing. I’m interested to see how this pans out.

It stars Callum Turner (great actor from War & Peace) and the very charming Holiday Grainger)

Looks like it was only you and me, Dongle. :smiley:

I really enjoyed this and am disappointed that, unlike some other series, the 2nd episode won’t be shown until next week.

A lot going on in the first episode.

Yey! Me and Dongle weren’t the only ones after all. :smiley:

It was good, wasn’t it Tango.

Sorry Mups, didn’t see your thread but a kind Mod has merged the two.

I’m watching it too ! A good start . Think he’s being set up?

Put yer specs on then. :wink:

Hmm, yes, I think so. Perhaps who’s someone peeved he got released last time? A Copper even?

We’ll have to wait and see. :slight_smile:

I watched the first episode yesterday. I thought it was very good and most intriguing.

I also like Callum Turner. He is such a good actor and always totally believable in every part he plays.

So what did we think about tonight’s episode?
I can’t make out what’s going on now.

At the very end, the last sentence in fact, I couldn’t hear what that grey white man with the beard said, or the reply.
Anyone know?

Gosh, I’m so confused, but will give eps 3 a go.

I think the grey haired man asked “what’s the status looking like?”
The reply was “Toy Soldier is retained, sir.”

Other than that, I know nothing!

Yes, that’s what he said.

Good innit.

I’ve just caught up with this series - watched the first episode on Monday and then last night’s. It has me hooked! I don’t know what’s going on with the CCTV cameras - is the woman detective being set up or is it the soldier … or neither! Roll on next week!

I was even more intrigued after last night’s episode.

SPOILER if you have not seen it yet!!!

I can understand someone altering the film so that Shaun cannot be seen going into the building but not so that he CAN be seen going into the building when actually, he wasn’t. If the building houses some secret government base, you would think they would want to hide it, not the opposite.I love a good mystery.

Good suspense and intrigue ,I’m hooked .

Zuleika, I agree. I watched the second part today and was totally engrossed by the bit towards the end. That was certainly tense and gripping.

My only criticism is the pouting lips, DI Rachel Carey keeps doing. I can put up with her strutting about but her mouth is annoying.
Shaun’s cheek keeps tensing but l think he’s doing that on purpose for the part

It better be a good ending too and not go out like a damp squib.

That’s where we differ… :mrgreen:

Longy, Poor you, if that floats your boat! :lol:

There’s not much that doesn’t. :lol::lol: