The Borders Slam Shut Again

Ya think?!

Gotta be, surely. For the very reason that you describe.

1 Like

Wearing a mask doesn’t affect the economy.
People getting paid by the government to stay at home does :unamused:

Sorry Mag. That wasn’t meant for you. It was a double post that I edited.

1 Like

No problem Bratti… :grinning:

1 Like

They would seem to be there to reduce the propelling of moisture and airflow towards another person. To a virus the bog standard mask looks like a chain link fence.

I still wear my mask … I never stopped. If it helps a little, at all, in any way I’ll keep wearing it.

I didn’t know the Canadian government has been that generous … I thought the UK was over generous at 80% of your usual income. No way can that be introduced again yet it looks like Covid is going to be with us for quite some time to come.

1 Like

As some new viruses are with us every year but we never bothered before Morty…

But have any of the others been considered a pandemic. I don’t think so have they?

1 Like

We all still wear our masks while going out shopping or to any public service but that’s only usually a couple of times a week. We don’t have anyone living near us but when friends drop by we don’t expect them to wear a mask and neither do we.

Our country is very generous which is great especially in emergencies however if people make more staying home than working , our economy might crash.

It’s still their choice. I don’t particularly care all that much. It only affects me inadvertently.

Interesting comment by a medical wallah on the AM radio program this morning, he said something like:

If Omicron has milder effects but is more infectious (as early reports from South Africa seem to indicate) then the world needs to let it rip across borders, replace the Delta variant and become the dominant strain of Covid. We will actually be better off.

1 Like

I could see the sense in that if we knew what we were dealing with…but we don’t. Look at the effects of “Long Covid”. Whose to say that this new variant won’t cause some long term effects…
:woman_shrugging:
More research needs to be done before we let it tear through the world, I think.

Aye. Isn’t this precisely what @OldGreyFox has been saying for a fair old while about vaccines?

1 Like

Well I read today that they are working on a new booster that will cover this variant. Now considering how many times a mutation happens…are they seriously expecting us all to get injected with different things as they happen? Sounds a bit wild. :astonished:

1 Like

Quite. Wouldn’t surprise me if they end up using a placebo for motivational purposes instead.

2 Likes

To what end?

To the end of how they’ve got such a fantastic handle on the situation.

I meant more about the motivation bit…placebo to motivate us to do what?

Ah. To motivate us to keep on taking whatever chemicals they deem fit, and to keep on flying the flag of compliance.

Going to make a wild suggestion here…most people have well and truly got bored of all of this and left to their own devices would happily just ignore it and go back to their normal lives and ignore the risks. We’ve all heard so much from all sides and are sick to the back teeth of it.

Hence the need to motivate us, even if in reality they’re injecting a bit of saline solution with some general vitamins in it.

1 Like

Do you really think so?
I think half the people might be sick of covid and want to return to some sense of normality, and within that group are some selfish people who think …‘Covid, what covid’ … but I also think a great many people are concerned about the new variant, probably do wonder how much truth is in what the government or medical experts tell them but go along with it purely because they don’t want to become ill, or die.

Trouble is Morty that at present we have no idea of what Omicron is like. But if it proves to be a(nother) damp squib, then more and more people are likely just to give up worrying about things.