The best ending

The best ending of a film…

For me it has to be ‘An Officer & a Gentleman’

No matter how many times I’ve seen it - I just well up at the end. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

For me it has to be Shanandoah with James Stewart, I’m a sucker for a happy ending and often end up blubbing… :laughing:

Apollo 13… the splashdown after radio contact had been lost. James Horner’s soundtrack really is moving!

The Railway Children when Bobbie stands on the platform and sees her father through the engine’s steam “Daddy, oh my daddy” brings a lump to my throat every time.

4 Likes

Planes Trains and Automobiles. That flamboyant accident prone annoying, character played so well by John Candy, pretends he has somewhere to go at Christmas but he really doesn’t have anywhere. Sitting lonely at the railway station, Neal (played by Steve Martin) goes back to befriend him and takes him to his own family for Christmas.

For me is has to be It’s a Wonderful Life.

1 Like

My favourite ending is at the end of The Third Man.
This is good too,considering he’s spent most of the film looking to kill her.

My fav ending BBC mini series Pride & Prejudice with Colin Firth & Jennifer Ehle …Oh Mr Darcy swoon :heart:

Have to have …While you were sleeping Sandra Bullock & Bill Pullman
I watch it every Christmas Eve sighhh .

This is quite dramatic too.

This is quite final.

For me it is You Got Mail when they finally meet up in the park.
Sorry cannot post the music still learning the ropes of cut & paste off YouTube.

1 Like