The Bandura from Ukraine

With Ukraine in the headlines, I thought some members would like to hear a traditional Ukrainian instrument, the Bandura. I already own and play a Zither + Lute and now I hope to locate, buy and play one of these :point_down:

Bandura - Wikipedia

2 Likes

How very dare Putin rage war against these people🤬

1 Like

I bet keeping the thing in tune is a pain. :grimacing:

How beautiful is the music I had no idea the Ukrainians were so musical the Bandura looks difficult to play - all those strings .
Thank you for sharing these videos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s okay, but I still prefer Led Zeppelin. :guitar: :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not much different than the harp but with a few less strings. I became interested as I am trying to rehome a Ukrainian mother and two small children in a spare bedroom in my house (Home Office permitting). The instrument came to my attention as part of Ukraine’s heritage, but trying to find some for sale in England is proving difficult, so far, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Just been listening to that choir of Bandura players. Thank God Putin has jumped in in the nick of time to destroy that sort of Nazi extremism. They were obviously planning to take over the world with their harmonies and in so doing bringing about the collapse of Russia as well as eventually causing the final Armageddon.

1 Like