The artificial intelligence matching drugs to patients

More AI news. This time, it’s AI being used to tailor drugs to patients.

It would be great if this worked reliably.

Really? They expect patients to accept that? Oh no no no, not this old geezer, cos I aint no schmuck. If anyone is gonna change or add to my scripts, then it will be a fully qualified doctor and not some poxy algorithm!!

2 Likes

I get a repeat prescription for acid reflux and a water problem [old age one suspects]
when in INdia i buy the drugs, so basically the day before i fly home i order my repeat…but this year they decided i hadnt seen the nurse who reviews your drugs, so my prescriptions have been stopped, my car is off the road [emissios problem] so i need a telephone interview, in April i got a two week supply so ten days later i oreder some more…lol…and was informed i could have no more till i saw the nurse… now please note that at no time has a doctor been involved… you remember doctors dont you, the drug was prescribed by a doctor in one case and a consultant in the other… but the nurse and the receptionists have between them overruled both… but what about the telephone appointment arranged in the back end of April, thetelephone appointment is for the fifth of JUNE… come on, am i the last person on earth to remember that the ‘S’ in NHS stands for SERVICE…todays GPs are too buzy counting money to be bothered seeing real people… yes i have some spare acid reflux tabs from India left…
so i am saying roll on machines lets get rid of these money changers…

1 Like

I am off the road, emissions problems. :laughing:

Emissions Spitfire, not flatulence… altho i over did the onion in my stirfry last night.

Get straight onto ICB and someone will sort it out.
Find your local integrated care board (ICB) LINK

Thanx for that LD
i have enough Indian pills left [my back-ups] for the reflux
it seems my big problem is my going away every October till April, they dont see my need as urgent… i used to get two six month prescriptions, but they cut them back to monthly, then i saw a friendlt quack who gave me a two monthly script…
my main problem is i live almost ten miles from my surgery,
i am just going to change my doctor…

1 Like