The Archers’ actor June Spencer, 103, retires after more than 70 years

• I have listened to this occasionally over the years and found it quite enjoyable…but I like listening to plays anyway. I can’t believe this woman is 103 years old, my goodness!!

The Archers! Bah!
The BBC replaced Dick Barton Special Argent with the Archers.The government needed some new info/propaganda program for farmers.Even at a young age I suspected dark forces were at work.

1 Like

Oh bless her
I’ve listened to the archers usually the omnibus on BBC Sounds.
Just lately it got to gritty with slave labour, alcoholism ,controlling husband … I like to be taken to the 80s & 90s with Phil in the milking parlour…
At the Mo I’m taking a Archer break and listening to all creatures great and small on audio

1 Like

Aww bless…I’m sure you could still find some special agent stuff if you looked…:male_detective: :joy:

1 Like

Is this on the radio, Ripple? Or is it on an app, or audio book? For some reason Audible doesn’t work with me and I can’t be bothered faffing around to find out why, just now.

Absolutely that chap who was keen on Lillian , it ended with him dying hit-and-run!
He was a rotter.

1 Like

Audiobooks I like to drift off to sleep listening…
I can on longer do that to Ambridge !

1 Like

I still miss Phil’s wife Grace

Good luck to her. She must have started playing the part when the Archers had little more than a couple of allotments. :lol:

Deadly dull:

Excitingly exciting: