The 11th Commandment

There should have been more than 10………

11th Thou shall not be a smug git

4 Likes

Love it! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, oh dear, are we talking about someone in particular?

Help me out here. I thought a git was an old curmudgeon. We don’t say git in the states.

“Git /ˈɡɪt/ is a term of insult denoting an unpleasant, silly, incompetent, annoying, senile, elderly or childish person .
As a mild oath it is roughly on a par with prat and marginally less pejorative than berk.”

Prat is a good alternative!

2 Likes

I do believe I understand it now! Thanks, my friend.

We don’t say prat or berk, but I get the gist of it… :laughing:

What would your derogatory word be?!
Idiot? Nincompoop? :rofl:

1 Like

A Northern variation is get - as in, you/the dozy get. :slight_smile:

I have just seen two adverts from the European Movement UK being
displayed on this thread!! WTF!!!
Donkeyman! :joy::joy::sob::sob: I don’t know whether to laugh or cry ?

Ahhh, you must have been googling something to do with Europe - lorry queues in France, maybe?! :wink: :rofl:

The only Ad I’m seeing is one for ladies lingerie and fancy thongs adorned with pearls, which look impossibly uncomfortable to wear!

I always thought the 11th was “Thou shalt not get caught” :grin:

2 Likes

That too :slight_smile:
I belive Jeffrey Archer wrote a book on the subject .

Yep, they all work. Or my personal favorite… Jerk!:grinning:

1 Like

Indeed. English - real English, from England - is a powerful and interesting language, not spoken properly anywhere else in the world!

I rather like jerk! :rofl:

1 Like

I keep getting those adverts for lingerie Boot, I don’t know why because I never wear womens lingerie through the week and the adverts are terribly distracting…
:open_mouth:
PS:- It’s a good job being smug is not a banning offence on the forum, otherwise we would be worryingly short of members…

1 Like

My paternal grandfather always insisted with those words … if you must transgress lad, don’t get caught

2 Likes