That Damn NC500

We have a few yobs up here as well JBR.

No No, We are fine with the English People it’s being ruled over by Westminster a lot of us hate. We would much rather have England as a good friend and neighbour.

Are you sure that Scotland could maintain a working economy on its own?
Bear in mind that you’d no longer receive Barnett Formula payments, have to create your own replacement for the Bank of England to support your finances and also be obliged to take your own proportion of our national debt.

Personally, I’d prefer Scotland to remain part of the Union, as we have always worked together well for our common good in the past.

For the same reasons, I accept that an ‘independent Yorkshire’ (similar population to Scotland, incidentally) could never work in practice.

EDIT: I should also add that you have rather more MPs in Westminster in proportion to your population numbers, so I’d say you are well represented in government.

1 Like

Please don’t think me rude as it’s not my intention at all, but I simply won’t discuss independence, as from past horrible experience on the old forum, it’s an open invite for all the know it all nasties to start their bitching. :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face: :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Well you brought it up!
Nevertheless, I’ll not mention it again.

1 Like