Thai Coconut milk - you might be supporting cruelty

There isn’t much they could say in their defence, either.

No I don’t expect you to change anything except for people’s awareness which is what you are doing. I guess I’m just surprised and I do drink coconut milk but don’t think I could ever touch it again knowing how it is getting done. Why are humans so sickeningly cruel? And we wonder why others in our galaxy don’t visit us. Why would they want to? We are such cruel *******!!!:twisted: I abhor cruelty also. :cry: It’s sickening how cruel and unfair we are as a species.

They should be charged with animal cruelty. How can these people even get away with this? It’s truly pathetic! If we have decent people in our world, how does this happen? I never want to use coconut milk again! :frowning:

I cook a lot of curry’s, using coconut milk also coconut cream, I can’t see restaurants not using these ingredients, especially Indian restaurants, where a lot of their meals are curry’s, plus all supermarkets sell curry, with coconut milk, as an ingredient…don’t see that changing, there is a lot of cruelty that goes on in this world with animals.

That is just another story added to the endless list…is it cruel to eat meat?..do we know if the animals we eat, were killed humanely, of course we don’t.

As far as I have read, blue dragon coconut milk, does not use monkey labour in its production of this product, Tesco also have confirmed this, that’s where I get my milk from and will continue to do so.

It seems to be all about the Chaokoh brand, with shops and supermarkets coming on board to ban its products (Morrisons say ‘pending an investigation’. An investigation? What the heck do they think they’re going to find out that PETA haven’t already uncovered?).

So even if all this campaigning results in stopping Chaokoh exploiting monkeys, what about other brands? Surely they’re doing exactly the same thing? Because if, as it seems, it’s too labour intensive or too dangerous and therefore too expensive to send humans up the trees to harvest the coconuts, then they will always turn to the free labour of animals.

I can’t help thinking now that all coconut products on our supermarket shelves - desiccated, shredded, milk (cartons and tins), packs of creamed cocounut, not to mention all the processed products containing cocounut - have involved the exploitation and abuse of monkeys in their production.

Companies that DO NOT support monkey labour for coconut milk.

Please note of all the companies who stopped purchasing this type of coconut milk due to its horrendous animal cruelty.
Due to Peta investigation, over 30,000 stores are no longer supplying this brand of coconut milk

Please sign this petition to help stop this horrific treatment of innocent monkeys

Your action is desperately needed
Please take time out ToDAY to support the release of this barbaric practice of monkey abuse

I think Morrisons will be “investigating” how much of a loss they will take if they ban this company, frankly.

And I agree that all coconut products will exploit monkeys - after all, they are the only ones who can nip up and down trees quickly.

No more coconut things for me. :shock:

I didn’t click on the link either :frowning:

I don’t drink milk of any kind and I’ve never bought coconut milk although I’m sure many products I buy contain it…its getting to seem that just about everything has some ethical reason why I shouldn’t buy it and I’m sure future generations will look back at us with dismay but we have to eat. :frowning:

Please see my previous post . There are many cruelty free suppliers.

Yes we have to eat. This isn’t about human starvation. It’s about severe animal cruelty due to GREED not necessity.

Let’s hope the companies who use it in products without us realising will look at sourcing ethically too.

Good point. I hope so. With more people’s awareness, perhaps companies using coconut milk will start becoming more responsible of the sources they use. All we can do is try and hope.

I was just thinking about this and products I use…it just occurred to me coconut oil shampoo and conditioners moisturising creams …in fact all sorts of products the list is endless even furniture polish so not just foods …it must be really big business…poor monkeys :frowning:

Just found this - an ethical company!

and a list of their stockists

The trouble is that the people who care and try to do something about this sort of thing are, sadly, in the minority. Globally, I mean. It will be years - centuries - before humanity learns to respect other species that we share the planet with. I fear the planet’s resources will have been long depleted before we reach that stage.

I don’t believe humanity will ever learn to respect other species if that means they can’t benefit from them. After all, we are a very greedy, arrogant species. I think humanity will become extinct before that ever happens. Then the world would be better off without us.

I agree. :023:

For those of us who care, there are many more who don’t.

Anyway, in this day and age, why can’t they use machinery for picking flippin’ coconuts?
And even if they do expect the monkeys to work for free, there is no excuse whatsoever for keeping them in such appalling conditions at the end of each day.

Until the next dominant species rises. There is a lot of truth in Animal Farm.

Absolutely this!!

That’s good news. No need for me to say anything. :wink: