Tesco reducing product lines

I was put on beta blockers a couple of months ago, and I haven’t had them from the same manufacturer twice since I started taking them Annie…Some upset my tummy, so I break them in half and just have half of one…

2 Likes

I’d imagine it’ll be a contractual thing. If Tesco starts using local suppliers for in-season produce, then overseas suppliers might start playing silly burgers with other products.

I usually buy my fruit from my local street market but I do look at what’s available in supermarkets and buy a few things sometimes. I always look at labels for stuff I haven’t bought before to see how far they have travelled.

I have noticed that Tesco do sell packs of seasonal varieties of British Apples, grown in British orchards, for about the same price as a pack of Braeburn Apples.
I don’t know if they sell them in your particular store but they have them in the small Tesco I shop in.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/284477058

Also, their Braeburn Apple pack labels says they come from orchards around the world - Produce of United Kingdom, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Chile, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain
I presume that is to maintain a consistent supply all year round - so some of the Braeburn apples may well be coming from British orchards in the season when they are readily available here.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/284475671

Cheerios :grin:

3 Likes

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/292975689

This.

Thanks Boot, unfortunately our nearest street market is Doncaster and it’s turned into a bit of a ‘no go’ area with muggings, stabbings, and intimidating gangs of foreign blokes. The local council also are committing robbery with their extortionate car parking charges, so I no longer visit the City centre at all now.

I look every week if our local Tesco have British produced apples but I’ve always been disappointed. How ever did we manage without foreign imports of Apples, or any food for that matter Boot.
As I posted earlier, we take it for granted that we can purchase apples all year round. I reckon that apples grown here could last quite a few months before we would have to do without. Would that be so bad.

This years has been a bumper year for apples I would think some have apples trees in their gardens people around here give lovely cooking apples away .
Have a look around .

1 Like

Thanks Muddy, I spend a lot of time cycling and walking out in the country, and there are many farms with orchards locally. Some of them also have very big dogs and men with guns…
:open_mouth:

Tesco reducing product lines

What is the situation in that photo?
Is that an empty shop?
Or have they emptied part of a massive shop?

At least 3 aisles taken out, and keeping very tight lipped about what they are doing.

Tesco has said that the disruption has been caused by a “significant refresh” of the store.

A Tesco spokesperson said: "We’re really excited to be undertaking a significant refresh of our King’s Lynn Extra store and investing in the local community.

2 Likes

Ah right - it sounds like some kind of shop re-fitting is happening - if it is one of those huge “extra” stores, that explains why I thought it was a whole empty shop!
The Tesco in my local market town is about the same size as those closed aisles in the pic!

1 Like

Our local Tesco often cordens off a large section so that it can start stockpiling Christmas stuff.

Same with ours, it’s so small it really shouldn’t do it, as it’s hard enough getting the things that we need, without them being taken off the shelves.

1 Like

Did an online shop switched off alternative choice, managed to get exactly what we wanted, rather than zigzag around the aisles trying to find things.

Our local Tesco has started selling bras, knickers and clothes for babies. :017:

They must be selling less of something, to accommodate that new section, but I can’t think what.

They have made it deliberately difficult to find stuff, more difficult than ever. Why the chaos? Grrrrr

My local large Asda now has a MacDonalds in store and also removed their Asda own cafe and put in a “Costa” cafe.
My local Sainsburys now has a Costa instead of their own cafe you can enter from the store and also part of the building once an entrance/exit is now a self-contained barber no entrance to or from the store. Oh, the Sainsburys contains as of a few years ago an Argos as well.

I didn’t realise babies wore bras, is it an English thing?

1 Like

hammock for premature twins, I don’t know. Is this a trick question?

Usually the British apple season starts on 4th Oct:

The British apple and pear season officially kicked off this week (26 September), slightly earlier than usual, with UK growers predicting a good year.

1 Like