Telephone account

Having now gone over to a private telephone company for broadband and telephone line the first is now up and working. OH dear BT yet again messing things up. Let me explain, the new company wanted proof of the phone number the account number and address in print. Simple enough you may think, just dig out the last BT telehone bill and email it all over. :rofl:
Would you believe the BT telephone bill doesn’t show the telephone number on it. We had to dig out information from the BT bradband bill which does have the telephone number on it.
So eventually we managed to email two forms which combined gave the new company the information they required to contact BT for the telephone line swap .

A large company like BT can’t even get necessary information on their own billing advice note, unbelievable

1 Like

Hi I’m with BT .
My statement page 3 top left hand corner just below broadband package is your phone number …hope that helps

Come on RS, you are ex BT, you should know where to look! :smiley:

Found it on page 4. I would have expected it to be on page 1 but at least it made you look for me

:+1:t2:

I’ve only 3 page statement as I don’t make landline calls.
You can also access all previous statements online at My BT

When I changed over to NOW for Line, BB and Phone, it was very simple without any malarkey. NOW did all the ground work and on the due date my new router went live. Even though I am out of contract with NOW they still charge me the same £21 monthly for everything.

I’m still with the GPO. :icon_wink:

1 Like

Gigantic pedantry organisation? :grin:

You want GPO?
Didn’t get better than this :wink:

Brings back memories of the streets and communities below, some good some not :slightly_smiling_face:

Just had an email from BT saying they afe sorry to see us go, then the scare tactics if we leave.

we might loose our wi fi.
No we won’t as the new provider has it already

we might loose web protection and parential controls.
No we won’t have web protection elsewhere and no kids to worry about

Virus Protection will go
No it won’t using a program already

clouds storage will go
Never used it

Loose BT sport App
Never used it

This I think is a disgusting method or trying to retain their customers

on top of this they won’t release the line until 28 April 2023. talk about beign incompetent, it is taking the piss