Technology is sometimes a joke …

Bus lane camera mistakes woman’s sweater for number plate

"A couple were fined for driving in a bus lane when a camera mistook a word on a woman’s clothing for their number plate.

Dave and Paula Knight, from Surrey, received the fine for driving in a bus lane in Bath despite not being in the city at the time.

A camera had registered the word ‘knitter’ on a pedestrian’s clothing as Mr Knight’s number plate KN19 TER."

1 Like

Love it ! A perfect example of why humans are still needed :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Brilliant! Love it :joy::joy:

1 Like

Absolutely hilarious and then some :+1:

1 Like

Just imagine the hassle though if your car was parked in your garage at the time the camera snapped that. How on earth could you prove it wasn’t you contravening some parking regulation. That really would be a nightmare, especially if you had quoted at you the usual retort – “the camera never lies”!
It’s very difificult to prove a negative when it comes to regulations and the law.
:astonished: :grinning:

1 Like

Not so much a joke, more not fit for purpose. :grinning: :biking_man:

2 Likes

Serves them right for having a daft number plate and, presumably, more money than sense paying for it. They should be made to pay the fine in my opinion.

1 Like

Everybody to their own is what I reckon. Besides, a personal registration plate is the only part of a car that often appreciates rather than depreciates. A good investment if that’s what you wish to do with your cash. They hardly look the types that have personal registration plates for their ‘snob’ value or ‘to keep up with the Jones’s’!
:grinning:

1 Like

Which is more than can be said for her jumper.

Wasn’t it nice though, that they saw the funny side and took it so well that even the council commented?

I like it when people are laid back and see the funny side of a mistake rather than go into massive Karen mode with outrage, indignation, “let them take me to court” attitude

The number plate is fun I think, so is the ladies jumper :joy::rofl:

That’s hilarious :rofl:.